20

ⓟⓐⓢⓣ ⓒⓞⓜⓘⓝⓖ ⓑⓐⓒⓚ

ⓟⓐⓢⓣ ⓒⓞⓜⓘⓝⓖ ⓑⓐⓒⓚ

"Maria-chan, do you want to come with me?"

No response.

"To see the kids."

The girl just walked straight ahead robotically and if it wasn't because of Yuna, she might have fell down as there were stairs in front of them. Yuna pulled her arm quickly and held her waist to balance her. Underclassmen there all gasped over Yuna's charms, thinking if this would be a yuri like in the anime. "Maria-chan, are you alright? You could have hurt yourself! Please be careful next time!" Yuna checked her body, making sure she's not hurt anywhere. Her face showed pure concern for her yet Inomata hadn't said anything, her face just blushed heavily.

"Your hands—what are you doing?!"

Yuna retracted her hands. "Ah, sorry!" She must have been uncomfortable. Yuna immediately bowed to apologize, rambling on how she was only worried about her and she didn't have any evil thoughts to taint her innocence. However, it only worsened the situation as students around them were whispering to each other about their relationship, some of them even shouted their supports for the girls. Yuna widened her eyes at the rumors and was given a death glare from Inomata.

"I don't know why the rest of you come to school but if you're going to engage in petty gossip, at least have the decency to talk somewhere else first!" Inomata yelled at them, making the kids scurried in fright as her face was terrifying for them. Meanwhile, Yuna was smiling to herself, it was entertaining to see Maria easily get irritated by tiny things, maybe that's why Yuna always purposely wanted to tease her. Because she knew Maria would give her those reactions. Well, in some aspects, Maria resembled her brother a lot.

Yuna didn't know what came into her but her hand moved upward itself to brush a few strand of Maria's dark hair. "Maria-chan, calm down. They're gone now." Yuna gave her a side glance after that, saying if she really wanted to have some time alone with her, she should have said so instead of covering it up by scolding those kids. Maria gaped at her, causing Yuna to laugh more. She was right, Maria's reactions were the best. Yuna felt good whenever she teased Maria but maybe next time she shouldn't tease her too much since Maria was frozen to her spot now.

"I'll go first, Maria-chan. Bye~"

Now, the girl was left alone, standing there with her face still red from all of those teasing, just earlier she was flustered because of Ryuuichi and now Yuna. For God's sake, Maria wished she could bury herself deep six underground. Where was her mind going, she didn't know it herself. Ryuuichi was just being polite—that boy had said something that left a huge impact in her heart and then, there's Yuna who always adored to tease her yet she acted innocent. Oh how furious she was to be treated like that by that girl.