27

ⓗⓞⓛⓓⓘⓝⓖ ⓞⓝ ⓣⓞ ⓔⓥⓔⓡⓨⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ

"Kazuya, how is she?"

"I'm sorry but it seems this acute lymphocytic leukemia has progressed rapidly and there are quite a number of immature blood cells in her body. That's why we can identify swollen lymph nodes on her stomach. I would suggest to start chemotherapy as soon as possible."

Kei almost lost his balance once he heard the doctor. His body swayed a bit and his wife embraced him, gently rubbing his back to help him back on his feet. "Our daughter, Yuna—she is suffering and as her father, I can't do a thing." Kei bit his lower lip and harshly rubbed his face. His heart was breaking, his bright and cheerful princess was now losing her skin color and laid down on the bed in that white gown. The monitor beside her was measuring her vital signs, fortunately they were able to bring her back from the cardiac arrest.

Aiko thanked the doctor and the parents agreed to let the doctor do whatever he can to save Yuna. She went to close the door and rested her forehead on the door, inhaling and exhaling slowly. Everything was blurry. It might be because of tears started to pour down her face. Luckily, Jin was sleeping or else she would have to explain herself. Her palm gripped the black shirt she's wearing roughly, her blazer was already thrown to the couch. "If only mama could swap place with you." Her chest was hurting.

Her glossy eyes glanced to her husband sitting on the floor with his left hand holding on to a couch which had Jin sleeping soundly on it. Both of them were too shocked to process whatever was happening although, they should have seen this coming long time ago, they were just hoping for a miracle. Prayed that it would only be a nightmare. It was their tears that kept their souls alive in the furnace of this pain. To see their daughter with wires and life support to stabilize her heart rythm, it was racked with pain.

It had been almost seven hours since Yuna was admitted to the hospital and she hadn't even showed signs of waking up. Her phone on the table kept buzzing, notifications of phone calls and texts popped out every second. Their parents knew they would be from him. However, they were reminded of Yuna's wish the other day. She wished to keep Hayato in the dark and never let him know her condition no matter what happened. But, Aiko Amamiya didn't have the heart to ignore him forever, hence she took the phone and replied the text of him asking how was Yuna.

Yuna's mama here. Don't worry, she just has a high fever.
19.47

Thank goodness, thank you
for replying.
19.47

Please tell me if she needs anything.
19.47

"Please wake up, baby." Aiko walked to the bed and her hand caressed the cheek gently, as if she's touching a fragile thing. She took a sit on a chair and held her daughter's hand, sometimes she would take a wet cloth and dap Yuna's forearms and face. Her body temperature raised a bit and hadn't decreased a bit ever since. Frequent fever was a common symptom of leukemia. She could feel the bumps on Yuna's stomach, those lumps felt soft and tender to the touch. Yuna hadn't told them about this.