30

ⓘⓣ ⓔⓝⓓⓢ ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓨⓞⓤ

ⓘⓣ ⓔⓝⓓⓢ ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓨⓞⓤ

He missed her.

He can't even begin to describe how he was feeling right now but all he can say was that it hurt a lot. Her voice that would sometimes let out a contagious laugh, her gentle hands holding his, her big doe eye that sometimes held sneakiness inside, her sweet scent that lingered across the hallway. Everything about her, every inch of her figure, Hayato would do anything to see her again. It pained him great, to not be able to hear her voice and he's regretting for not initiating the first move way before. Oh how he could have longer time with her.

His dark eyes blankly looked at the picture of her clinging to his arm, her face was smiling widely as she had asked for a selfie that night which it was the time when he had kissed her for the first time. Their first kiss was better than any of his expectations. He had never kissed someone and to have her as his first partner, everything was doing great. They were each other's first. And everything was doing too great until the universe decided to add in a plot twist in their relationship.

Yuna was sick.

Oh how should he have noticed it sooner, he could have spend more time with her before everything messed up. Hayato was angry. How could he be so clueless about her random bruises, bleeding cough and decreased body weight. He swore, whenever they made phone calls at night, he heard her frequent coughs. Said, she had a fever. But what kind of person would get a fever every week? She was more delicate than he ever thought.

Thought it was just a chain of fever but it was leukemia. Out of all diseases, she had leukemia. Hence, it explained her pale skin which had red tiny spots all over her forearm. Hayato was no a doctor but he certainly knew leukemia was extremely life-threatening and it was acute lymphocytic leukemia. If he could swap places with her, he would do it without hesitation. He could never have her bear the pain. To him, Yuna Amamiya had the right to be treated like a Queen. And a Queen shall never experience pain.

The grown-up man balled his hands into fists, letting out a big and heavy sigh, his eyes still longingly stared at the picture. He was now 24 years. Hayato Kamitani was no longer a regular cold and stoic teenager. He had graduated his bachelor program in the university and was a renown baseball player. After high school, he was determined to continue his passion while pursuing his further study, that's what she wanted for him anyway. During those seven years, many things had happened and he had learned a lot.

"You're so beautiful, Yuna." And it hurts. His voice had gotten deeper and he had grown a few inches. He had changed but he was still the boy that was deeply in love with Yuna Amamiya. Although, things in his life had altered but he was still loyal to her. His heart and life were sworn to only breath for her. His life after after high school and that incident wasn't a smooth path to his current success. He struggled a lot to withstand his agony. He did everything to shake the memory of that tragic day off his head.