Hawks

This is why Luna can't have nice things. She decided to dress nicely today as she was planning on giving her feelings away to her crush but now that's not gonna happen. Covered in hot, foamy coffee and the center of attention, Luna tried to make a discreet exit, but Heaven forbid she get out of this with her dignity intact. The person she wanted to see least in the world right now walked in just as she made it to the same door. Hawks stood there in all his glory in his happy mood, which quickly dropped upon seeing me.

"Hey Luna, right," he asked gently, "What happened?"

The dam of tears burst open as Luna ran out of the office completely humiliated by everything. She heard her name being called several times but never looked back. Luna only stopped running once she was halfway to her place and took in gulps of air. Once she caught her breath Luna started walking the rest of the way to her place. On the way, she stopped by a little convenience store and picked up food for tonight and tomorrow. Luna paid for everything, thanked the staff, and walked out. She made it to her apartment and unlocked the door, while also trying to keep the bags from falling. Luna walked in and set the bags on the counter before setting her keys down. She unloaded everything from the bags and put them away but a bowl of ramen.

"Hmm..Hawks" Luna mumbled in her sleep. Her body kept inching closer to the edge until she was falling to the floor.

"Owwww. What happened?" Luna popped her head up from the side of the bed. She grabbed her phone off the bedside table and found that she was late. Luna scrambled up from the floor only to fall flat on her face because of sheets tangled around her legs.

"I'm not really having the best couple of days" Luna huffed untangled her sheets.

Luna burst through the door letting out puffs of breath. Her umbrella broke after it started to rain, her clothes were soaked, and she had no extra clothes to change into. After taking a few minutes to compose herself, Luna made her way slowly to her desk just looking forward.

"Well look what the cat finally dragged in" a sneer came from behind the woman.

Luna let her shoulders sag at the voice, but faced the person behind her.

"Good morning Mia, how are you today?"

Mia crossed her arms over her chest and gave Luna a smug smile. She took her time answering the question as she circled Luna like a hyena with prey. Luna's guard went up immediately but she showed no emotion on her face as she kept her eye on Mia.

"You know he'll never like you, Luna. You are just a worthless piece of scum on someone's shoe."

"What are you talking about?" Luna asked, still focused on Mia.

"I'm talking about that stupid note you wrote your boss. I found it on your desk when you left after I dumped coffee on you and I had a great laugh" Mia answered.

Luna glared at Mia as she stopped in front of the girl again.

"Is there a problem here ladies" a male voice broke through the tension. Mia spun around to face the person and found Hawks standing there with his hands in his pockets.

"No sir, not at all. I was just asking Luna here if she was alright because she arrived late" Mia said in a sickly sweet voice.

Both people glanced at Luna as she sat there mortified. She found interest in her shoes as the other two continued their conversation. Luna got lost in her thoughts thinking about how maybe Mia might be right and Hawks will never like her. Her attention was advert when a hand waved in front of her face. Luna found Hawks in front of her with concern on his face.

"Luna are you alright?"

She nodded her head not trusting her voice right now. Luna went to go to her desk to start work but a hand on her arm stopped her.

"Where do you think you're going," Hawks asked the girl.

"To work," Luna answered, kinda confused. Hawks shook his head as he dragged her off to somewhere unknown. The two ended up outside on the roof, which confused Luna.

"Where's your place?"

Luna told Hawks where she lived with that look still on her face.

"Alright hold on to me and don't let go" Hawks instructed.

"What," Luna said.

"I'm taking you to your place so hold on."

She hesitated before wrapping her arms around the man. Hawks took off holding on tight to the woman in his arms. While they were soaring through the air, Luna loved the feeling of warmth surrounding her from Hawks. After a while, in the air, the two landed in front of Luna's building. They walked into the building and headed up the stairs. Luna unlocked the door and let them both inside.

"Wait here, I'll bring a towel for you," she said.

"Don't worry about me I'm fine, please just go get changed Luna" he waved her off.

"But you got wet because of me" Luna tried again.

Hawks signed before throwing the girl over his shoulder and proceeded to the bedroom. He opened the door and brought Luna inside the room as she floundered around. Hawks put her down and cupped the woman's face in both his hands.

"Luna please just get changed" he tried to say.

She wouldn't stop ranting about how he shouldn't have done that and she just wanted to get a towel for him so he wasn't uncomfortable. He smashed his lips against hers to shut her up. After a few seconds, they broke apart.

"I don't care about me being wet right now Luna. I want you to be dry first so you don't get sick."

"Why" she whispered, "I'm just another worker so why go through all this?"

"Because I love you" Hawks answered, "And I know how you feel about me too."

Luna was shocked by his statement.

"I heard Mia reading your letter and I got to tell you my girl you are great at it."

Luna let a small smile slip onto her face as heat rose to her cheeks.

"Now get changed and meet me in your living room."

"Okay."

Luna got changed into a fresh pair of clothes and brought a towel out for Hawks, who tossed it elsewhere. He then pulled her down into his lap and wrapped his wings around them.

"I love you, Luna."

"I love you too, Hawks."

"Keigo."

Luna smiled, "I love you too, Keigo."

They snuggled into each other more enjoying every second of the other.