Chapter 3: Sixth sense

Some doctors have been able to feel when death is coming. It's a feeling almost like a sixth sense. It comes from being around it so much, every day all day, they deal with it. They get used to seeing it, they try to fight it. And because of this, they can feel it coming. She had that feeling, the one that she only heard doctors talk about. That feeling that scared her to no end.

Soo Ryeon sighed and closed her eyes. She finally got some time for herself and was laying in the on call room. She was a terrible person. She was a terrible, terrible person. Well that's what she believed anyway. She was relieved, happy that, that accident happened. When she woke up with the indescribable mood she had prepared for the worst. She was so scared that her feeling was directed to one of her friends. Now she felt guilty for being relieved that those people on the bridge died instead of someone she cared about. She was a terrible person.
She sighed again sitting up. Back to work.

---

"Logan Lee, give it a rest." The chief said while walking down the hallway. He stopped at the nurses station- where Soo Ryeon was talking with Yoon Hee, and gave one of the nurses a folder.

"Look all I'm saying is that the paramedics aren't going to be able to help all those people. There we people trapped under cars. There not trained for that!"

"Logan, I understand what your saying, but there's nothing we can do."

"Of course there is chief. All I'm asking for, is a couple guys and that's it. I can go down there, I can help."

"Logan, we need your help here."

"All my patients are in stable condition and Dr. Shim and Dr. Song are both here. Most of those people have severe injuries, and may even need immediate surgery. You saw it on TV. They need a doctor down there. " Logan said firmly and the chief sighed.

"Fine, but you do what you have to do, and come straight back here. You got that?"

"Yes, sir." Logan agreed excitedly. He pushed himself off the counter and went into the storage room, getting the supplies he would need.

Soo Ryeon looked at the chief worriedly before following Logan.

"Logan?" Soo Ryeon called carefully. He turned around smiling brightly once he saw it was her.

"Hey."

"Just, be careful okay. That guy looked pretty freaky." She said remembering when she saw him on the TV.

Logan looked at her for a minute before setting down his bag and putting both of his hands on either side of her face. He smiled and kissed her gently.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I promise." He kissed her again and slipped on an EMS jacket.

"I know. I just can't help but worry."

"Oh right, your feeling." He said amused and she swatted him.

"Hey, something bad happened didn't it?"

"Your right, something bad did happen. I'll never doubt your sixth sense again." He said and Soo Ryeon glared playfully at him. "I love you." He said giving her one last kiss before leaving and hoping into an ambulance with two other doctors.

---

"Hey, what are you doing?" Cheon Seo Jin; Black eyes black hair. Fellow doctor, working in paediatrics. She asked sitting next to her in the break room looking at all the books that were spread out in front of Soo Ryeon.

"I have this patient and I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with her. I've run every test you could imagine."

"What are the symptoms?" Seo Jin asked taking a peak at her chart.