Chapter 26: You already know

Their soft murmurs echoed off the walls of the empty room. The springy and thin mattress not comfortable enough to have a proper sleep, making them wish even more they were in their own bed. Working the night shift had worn them out. A night full of stitches and worried mothers stressing over the common cold. Nothing very exciting. The short hand on the round black and white clock hanging on the wall pointed east, indicating that it was 3:00 am in Seoul.

The surgeons we're sprawled lazily on the perfectly made bed, to tired to get under the covers. It's not as if they could stay very long anyway. A quick nap was all they were allowed. Her head was placed comfortably on his left bicep preferring it over the hard pillow and his arm stood straight at a 90 degrees as his finger lightly dragged against her scalp moving back and forth. His free arm that wasn't being used as a head rest was laying lifelessly on his stomach entwined loosely with her petite hand. Her other hand roamed his chest lightly, stopping at his name tag and playing with the laminate before her eyebrows scrunched feeling around his pocket some more. Logan smirked as he felt her hand circle around his nipple.

"Darn and I left my ass less chaps at home." He joked and Soo Ryeon gave him a sarcastic smile. "It would of gotten all freaky up in here." She giggled at his words rolling her eyes at his humour.

"What's in your pocket?" She asked and he let go of her hand, his fingers stopping the soothing motion in between her curls leaving a soft tingle in the spot he had been massaging. He reached into the small shirt pocket pulling out a small square package, the red wrapper bright, catching her eye. "Logan!" She giggled seeing the condom in his hand.

"Hey, you never know." He said making her laugh harder.

"You just carry condoms around with you?"

"Yeah well, I think the lunch lady likes me." He joked again and Soo Ryeon let out a tired laugh, tearing her eyes away from his and digging her face into his side rolling over so her head was laying on his shoulder. She breathed in deeply as her arms tightened around his waist feeling the warmth and comfort of his embrace. He circled his arm around her head bringing her curls close to his lips and placing a haste kiss before loosening his gentle grasp and laying his arm limply around her small figure, holding onto her arm.

"You know, after we're married, people can say: 'look at those Lee's, aren't they a perfect match?" Soo Ryeon said quietly, a normal voice much too loud for the silent room. Logan smiled and she tilted her head up sending him a happy grin placing a kiss to his lips.

"I love you." She replied smiling at her fiancé.

"Right back at you."

"Baby.." She muttered to him wanting to hear the words leave his mouth. Never has she ever doubted the love Logan had for her. She knew he didn't express his feelings much, she gave up on trying to get him to after the three month mark. She didn't need to hear him say it to be reassured. Just the way he looked at her or held her was enough proof. But sometimes, she just wanted to hear it. Hear the beautiful words escape his tongue. And the way he said it always gave her shivers. When he said it, he meant it. He didn't just reply with the usual 'Love you too', because it wasn't an automatic reply. It was rare to hear the words from him, not impossible, but unlikely, unless she dragged it out of him, or he was just in a good mood. It wasn't because he didn't love her, but because he didn't feel the need to tell her when she already knew. When saying something, you could just as easily do another. Just because he said it didn't mean he meant it. So, it was the little things she had noticed were his 'I love you too's' and she wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

"You're my lady. You know how I feel about you." He said, his eyes closed peacefully and Soo Ryeon smiled.

"Yeah, I know." She replied happily kissing him lightly. "Oh Logan, don't forget we're looking at the church tonight."