Chapter 27: Trouble in paradise

His arm was tucked comfortably behind his head while the other laid limply on his stomach. His eyes opened and closed tiredly as Will Smith did an impressive stunt across the screen. The mattress bounced, the springs contracting as Soo Ryeon jumped happily beside him, her arms wrapping around him and lacing her hand with his that laid comfortably on the soft grey T-shirt. His sleepy eyes opened and he smiled amused at her sudden burst of affection.

"You know, you're the one who had this movie night idea and I've been watching it all by myself." He muttered in her ear playfully and she smiled.

"Sorry, I was talking to Seo Jin, she's crazy."

"Surprise, surprise." He said sarcastically and Soo Ryeon nudged him.

"Be nice." She scolded. "The wedding just got her a little scatterbrained." She said and watched as a shirtless Will ran across the screen. "Oh, Will Smith." She said intrigued, her attention suddenly grabbed and Logan laughed at her sudden change of topic. "I'm going to leave you for him." She teased and he shook his head.

"You wouldn't dare, besides I'm way hotter than Will Smith." He said and she giggled at his ego.

"Meh." She said playfully, shrugging and his jaw dropped making her hide her face in his chest trying not to laugh.

"You think you're funny huh?" He asked playfully.

"Mhm." She giggled but squealed as he rolled on top of her roughly making her giggle loudly. He playfully sunk his teeth into her shoulder lightly giving her a tickle. "Logan!" She giggled as he made strange growling noise gnawing on her shoulder. "You're insane." She said with a laugh. He smiled at her shriek laughing quietly as he propped himself on his elbows.

"And you are hilarious." He said sarcastically making yet another laugh leave her lips before she kissed him giddily.

"I guess you're rubbing off on me." She complimented.

"Oh I'll rub off on you alright." He said seductively and she rolled her eyes.

"Oh my god Logan." She giggled making him laugh as well. He rolled them over so they were in there previous position, and she groaned playfully as he turned over, bringing her with him. "Did you hear? A doctor from Ulsan is being transfered to SNUH. And it's a girl doctor to. We need more girl doctors in that hospital." She giggled. "Maybe she'll hang out with me and Yoon Hee and Seo Jin." She rambled and he smiled. Sometimes she was too sweet for her own good.

"Maybe." He replied, his eyes once again on the screen. "Or maybe she'll be a total bitch." He added knowing it would push her buttons.

"Okay Mr Negativity." She said playfully shoving his chest and he grinned at her. "You better not act that way when we have kids." She joked having her own fun with him. She watched amused as his face paled and he suddenly grew tense.

"Kids? Like..babies?"

"Mm, I want at least eleven." She said and his breath got stripped from his throat. Kids? "Baby I'm kidding!" She said laughing at his reaction and he let out a breath of relief. She giggled again, sitting up and swinging her legs over the edge of the bed. "Three will be fine." She added and he paled again as she stood up walking to the bathroom to get ready for bed.

---

Her head hung sadly and she shook her head watching tearfully as they cried, comforting one another. The scrawny woman wrapped herself in her husbands arms, her boney figure vibrating as with each painful sob.

"I'm sorry." Soo Ryeon said quietly. "There was nothing we could do."
The man consoled his crying spouse, rubbing her arm as the tears ran freely down his pale cheeks. She blubbered in his button up shirt mourning the loss of her son. "Did..did he feel any pain?" He asked his voice hoarse.

"No." Soo Ryeon said quickly giving them a sad smile. "No he didn't." She watched him nod happy with the answer but shook his head as a sob escaped the back of his throat and his grasp tightened around his wife. She nodded respectively standing up slowly. "I'm sorry for your loss." She said in the same quiet voice and the man nodded his thanks before she walked away her heart breaking. She hated telling the families bad news. It got her in tears every time watching their world come crashing down with a simple shake of the head.

"Baby." Logan cooed as she hugged him tightly. He gave her an one-armed hug and smiled softly at her compassion. She however, frowned feeling awful for the poor husband and wife in mourning. She leaned her head on his chest while he pressed a loving kiss to her head. "It's okay."

"I hate this part of the job."

"I know, but think of it this way, he's a donator, so he could be saving so many other kids by giving his heart and lungs and kidney's." He said and Soo Ryeon smiled pulling her head from his chest.

"Yeah." She said feeling better and he smiled.

"No more tear okay?"

"Okay." She giggled and he pulled her into another hug.

"I'm not very good with the crying stuff." He muttered into her hair making her giggle again.

"I thought you handled it very well."

"Thank you." He said and she laughed again keeping her arms tightly around his waist, grasping his strong back.

"Okay, the coral or the salmon?" Seo Jin asked breaking them out of there moment as she held up two color pallets.

"Seo Jin, they look exactly the same." She said resting her head against his chest again.

"What are these for anyway?" Logan asked.

"The color of the pattern on the china, duh."

"Right, how silly of me." Logan said and Soo Ryeon stifled a giggle while Logan leaned against the counter lacing his hands together and resting them on her back, not letting her go.

"So, which one?"

"It's pink." Logan said disgusted. "Dan Tae's a man, he can't have pink at his wedding." He continued before looking down at Soo Ryeon. "No pink at our wedding."

"Okay." She agreed amused. They heard a clear of the throat and Soo Ryeon looked over her shoulder seeing the chief making her strip herself away from Logan in a haste, and looking to the ground like a two year old getting a scolding, while Logan rolled his eyes unhappy with the interruption.

"Yo Logan, here." Yoon Cheol said ignoring the chief and handing Logan a bag of chips which he gladly accepted. "You owe me a dollar twenty-five."

"Yeah, yeah." Logan said waving it off with his hand. The chief rolled his eyes, clearing his throat loudly again getting the two mens attention.

"Dr Ma, this is Dr Cheon, Dr Ha, Dr Shim and Dr Lee." He introduced the tiny woman. "Dr. Lee is the chief resident here at SNUH." He added and Logan gave her a tight-lipped smile while eating his chips as Soo Ryeon beamed flashing out her hand.

"Hi, I'm Soo Ryeon." She said making Logan smile slightly amused. Seo Jin's lips however remained in a tight line, her eyebrows scrunching as she watched the woman's eyes scan down Logan's frame before they went over to Soo Ryeon, shaking her hand. "Are you liking it here so far?"

"Oh yes, I'm definitely going to enjoy my time here." She said and both girls caught her gaze shift back to Logan. "So, Dr Lee, do you have a first name?" She asked and Seo Jin and Soo Ryeon looked at each other.

"Uh, Logan."

"And I'm Yoon Cheol." He said giving her a wave and she gave him a fake grin before looking back at the brown-haired beau who was still riffling through the red bag of ketchup chips.

"How long have you been chief resident? Sounds like a tough job." She flirted and Soo Ryeon felt her eyes narrow slightly, obviously not happy with the fact she was hitting on her fiance.

"It's not too bad, the only bad part is I have to work with old guys like the chief over here." He said earning a glare from the chief and a flirtatious giggle from the blonde woman. Soo Ryeon's stomach twisted in knots feeling rage. Was he flirting? "I haven't been doing it for very long, a couple months, but it feels like an eternity." He said and another giggle filled there ears.

"I bet. Well, I'm Sae Ri."

"Hi Sae Ri." He said making her smile.

"Yeah hi Sae Ri." Soo Ryeon added bitterly, both her and Seo Jin glaring at the flirt. She better step off of her man.

"Well, why don't I show you the rest of the hospital?" The chief suggested slowly sensing the tension.

"Sure. It was great meeting you all." She said before following the chief.

"She seems nice." Logan said only to get a death glare from both girls.

"I hate her." Soo Ryeon said darkly and Logan's eyebrows rose in surprise. This coming from his sweet little Soo Ryeon who was talking about becoming best friends with the female doctor the night before?

"What a tramp." Seo Jin added and the boys looked at her confused.

"What?" Logan asked.

"She was flirting with you Logan!" Soo Ryeon said and Logan rolled his eyes.

"She was not."

"'So Dr Lee, do you have a first name?'" Soo Ryeon mocked.

"She was just asking." He defended.

"God, and it was so obvious that you guys are together. I mean you were leaned into each other and your pelvises were in contact meaning you're sexually comfortable together." Seo Jin said like it was the most obvious thing.

"Not everyone has read that book." Logan said and Soo Ryeon spun to him quickly.

"And you!"

"What did I do?" He asked, his eyes widening.

"But it feels like an eternity ha-ha-ha." She mocked again and he looked at her unbelievingly.

"Ryeonie.."

"Just don't talk to me." She said fiercely shoving him harshly as she walked by. His mouth hung open in disbelief as he watched her stalk away.

"Baby!?" He called. "Soo Ryeon!"

"Idiot." Seo Jin muttered walking after Soo Ryeon and he shook his head. What did he do?

---

"I can't believe you guys are fighting." Yoon Cheol said in a daze of disbelief as they walked down the hall. Logan ignored the comment, pulling out an x-ray from the yellow folder and holding it up to the light as they walked.

"We're not fighting." He said looking at the x-ray, before putting it back in the folder.

"She was pretty pissed." Yoon Cheol said and Logan sighed.

"We're not fighting." He repeated. "She just..needs a little space right now, she'll get over it."

"I can't believe you're fighting." He repeated shaking his head, they rarely fought.

"We're not fighting!" Logan replied exasperated.

"Look man, I hate to break it to you but, you're fighting, big time." Yoon Cheol said and Logan sighed sadly. "She was really mad, maybe you should go apologize."

"For what? I didn't do anything, I had a perfectly platonic conversation with a girl and she flipped out." He said and Yoon Cheol looked at him hesitantly. "What?"

"Are you sure it was that platonic, i mean she was flirting with you."

"Oh my god, you to? She wasn't flirting."

"Dude come on, this is Soo Ryeon just talk to her."

"She doesn't want to talk to me."

"Look this is going to sound girly but, you can't let Soo Ryeon work on this relationship on her own, you need to take a part in it to."

"I'm am, I take a huge part in it, I'm the male role." He joked making Yoon Cheol roll his eyes.

"Your not taking responsibility for your relationship, your not taking it seriously, and you need to realize you need to be more involved and realize that this isn't high school anymore, you guys are serious, you guys are in love and you're getting married."

"Wow, you went all Oprah on me."

"Logan!"

"What? What do you want me to say? I love Soo Ryeon okay, you know that, you know how much she means to me."

"Yeah but does she?" He asked and Logan looked at him for a second before shaking his head.

"This is stupid. You're acting like we're breaking up, we're not breaking up."

"Whatever dude." Yoon Cheol said shaking his head. It seemed like he'd get a lecture or speech every other day. If not from the chief or Soo Ryeon it was from his best friend. He wasn't good at all this relationship stuff, and he was working his ass off at it. He didn't care what Yoon Cheol said, they weren't breaking up.

(cover) Night like these [Shim Soo Ryeon x Logan Lee]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें