Chapter 4

'This is where I'm going to be staying for the next while,' Y/N thought to herself as she entered the dorm. Crewel had been kind enough to drop her off at the front entrance with the rest of her new things, but he had disappeared soon after, saying that he needed to get back to the school. He had left yawning and Y/N wondered if Crowley had woken him up. It was fairly late after all.

The dorm that she had been dropped off at, however, seemed to be worse for wear. The roof was caving in allowing some of the rain from outside into the building, and the walls had certainly seen better days. Crowley had told her that the rooms for sleeping were up on the second floor, and as she made her way up the stairs, she ran her hands along what few broken boards she found, returning them to their rightful places on the walls. 

She still couldn't comprehend how she was able to perform this magic without thinking about it, and at the moment, it was more instinctive for her than anything else. When she had called her magic in the hall, using those strange words, she had absolutely no clue what she had done. And now, as she started to patch up this dorm, she found herself wondering how powerful she was. It seemed as if she could do this with a simple flick of the wrist.

The rooms on the second floor were certainly in a state of disrepair, but Y/N quickly found one that wasn't too bad and set her stuff down on the dusty bed. Then she set about fixing up which boards needed to be fixed. Some of them needed to be returned to the walls, a few floorboards needed to be slid back into place, and there was a leak in one corner of the room. All of this was quickly repaired and Y/N flopped down onto the now dust-free bed, staring out her window at the rain that pelted the tree outside. 

She lay there for only a moment before getting to her feet and taking the small box that Crewel had given her. There were a few articles of clothing inside, such as a thin and somewhat sheer nightgown the colour of the night sky outside. She took both it and a black night robe to the bathroom where she quickly got changed. The nightgown was only held up by two incredibly thin straps, and fell to just above her knees. It wasn't the most appropriate thing to be wearing for such cold weather, but Y/N wasn't about to complain. The other articles in the box seemed to be a smaller male uniform, and she hung this up in her wardrobe before flopping down onto her bed and falling asleep almost instantly.

. . .

"Y/N."

"Y/N."

"Y/N."

"Wake up darling."

"Wake up."

"Wake up!"

. . . 

Y/N shot up in her bed, her chest heaving like someone had just been crushing it. She felt around on her chest, hoping that she would be able to find her heart. This was accomplished rather easily as her heart was beating fast enough for her to feel it down in her limbs, but as it started to settle at the thought of her being safe, Y/N suddenly noticed that she wasn't in the same place that she had been before.

"This isn't the dorm," she muttered to herself. 

The room that she had been in before had been a simple room with nothing more than her bed, a small fireplace with a hearth, two windows, a wardrobe, and two doors, one which led back into the main hall, the other which led into the bathroom. Other than that, there was hardly anything in her room. 

This room, however, was much grander than that. She was sleeping in a grand king sized bed with plush duvets and a multitude of pillows propped up behind her. Four posts, one on each corner of her bed, led up to a frame from which silver curtains hung, all closed for the time being. 

"Your Highness," a voice called, and Y/N froze, clutching at one of her blankets and pulling it up to her chest. Who was the voice talking to?! Was she in someone else's room?