Chapter 8

Y/N woke up in a cold sweat, her clothes and blankets sticking to her like they would on a humid day. The breeze that entered through her open window chilled her to the bone and she felt her chest heaving with the panic of whatever she had been dreaming.

'What was that,' she thought silently to herself as she sat up, pressing a hand against her forehead, hoping to clear away the fog. She was unable to recall anything of what she had dreamed, besides the glow of something bright right near the end and the panicked feeling that she got throughout most of her dream. There was something rather melancholy about the whole experience and she longed to simply sleep the day away. 

"Y/N?"

"Who is it?"

The door to her bedroom opened to reveal a shy looking Yuu. His hair was a mess and it seemed like he had just rolled out of bed. Y/N couldn't help but giggle a little at the appearance of the boy, suddenly feeling the terrible chills slip away from her body.

"What's up with you," she asked with a small smirk, pulling her knees up and wrapping her arms around them.

Yuu shrugged and walked into the room, shutting the door behind him and tumbling onto the bottom of Y/N's bed. 

"The ghosts from last night are back," he moaned into her blanket. "They spooked Grim and he woke me up." 

Y/N sighed and climbed out of the bed, somewhat glad that she had fallen asleep before being able to change out of her robe. She walked over to the window and carefully shut it. "Well, at least you have an alarm clock."

"But all we have to do today is clean the school. That's not something I want to wake up for."

Y/N frowned. "Is that what Crowley is getting you to do?" 

Yuu nodded and Y/N bit the inside of her cheek, pitying the poor boy who was not only stuck with the grumpy cat that had started bossing him around but who was now forced to be the only janitor in the school. 

"You would think that we could clean everything with a wave of our hand," Y/N said. 

"You would think that, wouldn't you?" 

Yuu didn't move from Y/N's bed and simply turned his head to the side a bit so that he could see her easier. The morning light was streaming in behind her, and Yuu found himself staring at her enchanting appearance. Basking in the morning light brought an angelic halo to the girl, swooping her up in the beautiful morning light and giving her gentle skin an ethereal glow. Yuu wondered if there was anything else in the world that could compare to the stunning beauty of the girl in front of him.

"Yuu?"

The boy suddenly jerked out of his thoughts, pushing himself up from Y/N's bed and turning toward the door. Though there was no mirror for him to see himself in, he knew that there was a blush steadily making its way up to his cheeks, setting them aflame. 

"I should go and get ready," Yuu muttered, leaving the dorm before Y/N could say another word.

In truth, Y/N was surprised at the boy's sudden departure, but she decided that she wasn't going to press into what he was thinking and started getting ready for the day. 

Her uniform had not had a chance to be made quite yet, so for now, Y/N would be wearing the male uniform that Crewel had provided her with the night before. It consisted of the usual suit that the boys would be wearing, but since it hadn't been tailored to her, she found that it didn't fit her quite right. For one, the legs of the pants were much too long for her, though she easily pinned these up with some pins that had been left in the bathroom, and the too-large shirt was an easy enough fix as she simply tucked it into her pants. The only thing that she was worried about was the fact that the sleeves of the jacket were too long for her. They hung over her hands like an oversized sweater would and since it was a suit jacket, it was hard for her to cuff them up and still have them looking crisp. So, she simply decided to cuff them once, which pulled them back enough that she would be able to function properly, and then endure the slight irritation that would ensue.