🐙 Chapter 90

"What's with this place? Are we still in the school?"

Azul had led the small group into what Y/N knew to be his VIP room. 

"There's a big vault at the back. It looks like a bank," Jack muttered, following close behind Y/N. The idea of being so far underwater was unpleasant for a land beast like him. His wolf hardly liked being underground and yet here he was, surrounded by miles of water with no way to a visible surface. 

"Don't just stand there in the door," Azul said with a smile. "Please. Take a seat." He waited patiently for everyone to enter before waving his hand. The door shut firmly behind the group and they all looked at each other nervously.

"What did you want to discuss with me," Azul asked, taking a seat behind his desk and reclining the slightest bit. 

Yuu took the seat closest to Azul while Y/N and Jack sat on the other couch, a modest amount of space between them. Y/N fiddled with her hands nervously, wondering if Azul would be kind enough to grant them their wish. It wasn't likely. 

"I want you to set the students free," Yuu said. He figured that there was no point in beating about the bush. Azul was probably already well informed as to why they had come to speak with him, and him asking was simply a polite formality. 

Azul laughed. "This is yet another... rather tyrannical request all of a sudden. You want me to release all two hundred and twenty-five students I've already made contracts with."

Y/N's eyes widened. "Two hundred and twenty-five?!"

Azul smiled. "Yes, angelfish. I'm nothing if not a savvy businessman. This year Jade and Floyd were extremely thorough with their work. Thanks to that, I was able to make deals with so many clients."

"Not counting the few that managed to get the better end of the deal," Y/N muttered.

"Well then, Prefect, you say that you want me to free all of those students but I'm not making them do any work that goes against labour standards. They agreed to my terms before signing the contract. Contracts aren't something easily nullified because someone else thinks they're..." he paused, trying to find the right word, "Pathetic." He sighed and picked up his pen. "In other words... you're already too late."

"Then I'll make a deal!"

Y/N turned to Yuu, horrified that he would be so brash. He hadn't even thought for a second about whether or not to make a deal with the slippery boy, or what it might cost him in the meantime.

"Hey, what are you thinking," Jack growled, shooting to his feet. 

But their efforts to try and take back the offer were in vain. Azul knew that he had Yuu hook line and sinker. It was only a matter of getting everyone else on board now.

"Oh? You want to make a deal? That's an interesting idea."

Before Yuu could say anything, Y/N cut him off. "Yuu. Don't you think that we should talk about this first and make sure that this is the best course of action?"

No one was listening to the girl.

"Aha! Little shrimp, you've got guts!"

Azul hummed in contemplation. "I understand that you want to make a deal with me but... we have a small problem. You do not possess any magic. Nor do you have a beautiful voice, and you are not the sole heir of any country. You are but a simple human." Azul's gaze flickered over to Y/N. "Now if angelfish here was willing to make a deal, then we would have no problem."

Y/N shifted a little closer to Jack, who almost instinctively, wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to his side. 

Azul smirked and turned back to Yuu. "If you wish to make large demands, then you'll have to come up with a suitable offer of collateral."

"Collateral," Jack asked.

"For example... the rights to use the Ramshackle Dorm that you look after."

"That was your plan all along, wasn't it," Y/N hissed, slowly growing more frustrated with this boy. "You always wanted Ramshackle."

Suddenly the doors burst open and Grim flew into the room yelling, "I'm on board with that!"

Yuu and Y/N glanced at each other. Grim was covered from head to toe in bubbles, and his ears, which had seemed bright in his moment of irritation and anger, suddenly dimmed. 

"Grim," Y/N asked. "You want to give up the dorm?"

The little creature nodded and flew into Y/N's arms. "I'm do-done living like this! My fur is not made for dishwashing."

'You're not made for any sort of labour,' Y/N thought sourly, glaring at the back of Grim's head.

Jade stepped up. "Grim. I'm not very impressed with employees skipping work in order to eavesdrop on people's conversations. Floyd, do the honours and throw him out."

Y/N hugged the cat closer as Floyd approached. "Don't you dare."

Floyd backed off surprisingly well and held his hands up in surrender. He chuckled and slunk back into the shadows next to Jade, muttering about Y/N's protective attitude over the little beast.

"Prefect, angelfish, your only other resident is fine with this. What will you do? Will you offer up the Ramshackle Dorm as collateral to enter into a contract with me?"

"Ugh... Prefect... Y/N... Save me..."

Yuu glanced over at Y/N, who seemed at a loss for words. She met his eyes and sighed. "It's your choice, Yuu. You're the Prefect of the dorm. I'm fine with whatever you decide."

Jack shook his head, glaring at Azul. "No! Stop now! No matter what this contract is, it will put you at a disadvantage!"

Yuu sighed. "What are the terms and conditions of the contract, Azul?"

"Hey!"

A/N: A very short chapter, but I'm trying to stick to the episodes. Anyways, I also posted a new oneshot book, and requests are open, so if you want to request any feel free to comment on the story or dm me. I'll be doing more than just Twisted Wonderland so don't be shy!