🦁 Chapter 78

"Farena!"

The king turned and his eyes widened when he saw a young girl walking toward him with a smile on her face. He recognized her in an instant and ran over, wrapping his arms around her and hauling her off the ground.

"N/N," he exclaimed, swinging her around. "It's been forever!" He set the young girl back down on her feet and held her a foot away from him, taking in her appearance. She hadn't really changed from the last time that he had seen her.

"Hey! Shani! Come and see who it is!"

The young queen picked up her son and walked over to where her husband was standing. Her eyes widened when she saw Y/N and tears started slipping out of her eyes.

"Y-Y/N? Is it really you? After all these years?"

Y/N nodded. "Hello, Shani. It's nice to see you again." She noticed the little cub in Shani's arms. "And is this?"

The little boy lept from his mother's arms, nearly knocking Y/N to the ground. "Y/N! Mom and Dad have told me all about you!"

Y/N smiled at the little boy nestled in her arms. "Wow, you've grown a lot since I last saw you, Cheka. How old are you now?"

The young dual hair coloured boy stuck some of his fingers. "Seven!"

"Seven? Already?" She winked at him. "Sounds like I'm behind on some birthday and holiday presents." She turned to the boy's parents, allowing the boy to play with her earrings. "Has it really been seven years?"

Farena nodded, placing a hand on his wife's waist. "It has been. We heard what happened, and we feared the worst."

Y/N frowned. "I'm sorry, I don't think I understand." She sighed. "I lost all of my memories, but slowly, some are starting to come back."

Shani and Farena looked at each other.

"Well, the worst has passed," Farena said. "We have our dear N/N with us again, and now, Cheka can see his godmother as much as he wants."

Y/N had almost forgotten that she was Cheka's godmother.

"Dad?"

"Yes, Cheka?"

"Can I go and look for Uncle Leona?"

Farena sighed but nodded. "Of course. Just make sure that Y/N goes with you, okay? And you stick close to her side, understand?"

Cheka nodded and Y/N set the young cub down, her arms starting to tire from holding him, no matter how small the boy was. But Cheka didn't seem quite ready to let go of Y/N just yet and gripped her hand tight, leading her through the crowds of spectators that were talking loudly about the game.

. . .

In the infirmary, up at the school, a group of boys were gathered, despite the late hours of the night.

"Ah! You're awake!"

Yuu grimaced as he felt a stabbing headache swarm his head like a pack of wild hornets. Grim was standing in front of him, and the yelling didn't help his situation.

"Where am I," he asked, looking around the room.

Ace answered. "You passed out in the second half of our match after Grim nailed you in the head with the disc. Do you remember?"

Yuu shook his head, immediately regretting the action after as the sudden jerks seemed to let loose another wave of pain.

"I was trying to score with a super long shot," Grim argued.

Jack huffed. "Newbies shouldn't try stuff like that."

"Y/N did!"

"Y/N isn't a newbie." Everyone glanced over to the bed where Leona was resting. "She's been playing Magift for years."