Chapter 12

"Do you have any idea where to go," Y/N muttered, looking down at the horse, hoping that the creature would know where on earth it had come from. Instead of going in any direction, the horse remained at a standstill, staring off into the distance as if it was waiting for something. Y/N let out a small huff and let go of the horse's mane, leaning back onto the horse. The silence of the night wafted around the duo, chilling Y/N through her thin uniform. 

"Come on," she huffed, sitting up again. "It's freezing cold, and I can't go anywhere until you're back in your pen!" Again the horse didn't move. Y/N kicked her heels back into the Horse's thighs, hoping to get the thing moving. "Ugh!!! Professor Vargas is waiting for us!" The horse still didn't move, and Y/N waved a hand in front of its face, wondering if it had somehow managed to be turned to stone. But then it lowered its head and started sniffing at the grass around its hooves. 

Y/N sighed and slid off the horse, landing on the cobblestone. She glared at the creature over her shoulder and pulled out her phone, wondering if there was something on there that could help her figure out where she was supposed to bring the horse. 

As she stood there, trying to figure out how on earth she was supposed to figure out where to bring this creature, Y/N heard a strange rustling off to the side. When she glanced over, she noticed that a strange patch of grass was twitching, and though the grass and plants around it were moving due to the cool afternoon breeze, this grass was moving as if something was hiding inside it. Deciding to ignore the troublesome horse, Y/N tucked her phone away and started approaching the patch of grass. 

Y/N crouched down in front of the small patch, ignoring the dirt that would stick to her pants like glue, Y/N crouched down in front of the small patch. With the delicate touch of a beam of moonlight, she parted the grass, a small smile stretching across her face when she saw what was tucked away within the blades. Nestled within the grass was a beautiful white bunny no bigger than Y/N's fist, and she swore that her heart skipped a beat when she saw the beautiful rabbit. It was nibbling away at a small leaf at the base of a dandelion. After a moment, the bunny seemed to realize that it was being watched and glanced up, its little tulip nose twitching.

"Hello," Y/N said in her softest voice, backing up a little and giving the small creature all the space that is needed. She placed her hands on the ground, palms facing up, and smiled at the snowball. "Where did you come from?"

The bunny didn't respond, not that Y/N was expecting it to, and simply stared at the young mage in front of it. It took a small step forward, inching its way toward Y/N's outstretched hands until its nose was gently caressing the edge of Y/N's finger. The little nose tickled Y/N's finger and she giggled a little.

"You're a curious one, aren't you?"

"Excuse me, Miss?"

Y/N and the bunny both jumped, the latter jumping high into the sky and into Y/N's arms, snuggling into the crook of her arm as it shook like a leaf. Y/N carefully embraced the small creature and turned to the one who had startled her. It was a familiar boy, and Y/N quickly realized that it was the one who had helped her out of the coffin the day before. This time, however, he was wearing a large brown hat with the biggest white feather that Y/N had ever seen, along with a suit rather than the robes that he had been wearing the night before.

He laughed when he saw the startled look on Y/N's face. "I do apologize, mademoiselle, but I was just wondering what you were doing in the dirt. Someone of your beauty should not be soiling their hands, nor their uniform, with the dirt and dust beneath you."

Y/N flushed and looked down at her hands. Sure enough, little rocks were sticking into her palms and the back of her hands, along with a thin coating of dust. She got to her feet and bit her lip. "I guess I was more curious in this little guy." She showed the tiny creature to the boy, who smiled at the little powder ball.