🦁 Chapter 71

A/N: I absolutely love this anniversary video, I think it's so cute <3

Y/N decided to hold off on heading straight to the arena. There were so many wonderful things on display today, and she wanted to take all the time she could spare to linger around the stalls that she found the most intriguing. There was one that was selling some lanterns with the pattern of a sun painted on the side, another one with a little boy waving purple and yellow flags, one down the line that was selling some delicious smelling doughnut-like pastries, and even one that run by three elderly women that sold the most beautiful flower arrangements.

"Here you are, deary," one of the ladies said. She had noticed Y/N hovering around the stall, eyeing one of the arrangements with beautiful white and black roses, with a few red in the centre. There were a few other flowers in the mix, though these were also all monochrome, making the red stand out like an oasis in the middle of a desert. The lady picked up the bouquet and handed it to Y/N.

"Oh, no thank you," Y/n said, taking a step away. "I don't have any money on me."

"Allow me." 

Y/N was surprised to see Vil standing behind her, smiling as he handed the woman some money to pay for the lovely bouquet.

The woman looked between the two teens, a knowing smile gracing her face as she picked up the flowers. She held it out for Vil to take, and he thanked her with a bow, before handing the flowers to Y/N.

"You didn't have to do that, Vil," Y/N said, inhaling the beautiful aroma floating off of the flowers. It was stronger than usual, and it didn't take Y/N long to realise that the flowers had been enchanted. 

Vil shook his head and caressed the side of Y/N's face, taking a strand of her hair and wrapping it around his index finger. "Of course, I did, darling. I couldn't just ignore your longing look at the flowers. And besides, I couldn't let one as beautiful as you be without some company." He held out his arm and gave Y/N a small smile. 

"Thank you for the flowers, Vil," Y/N said, holding them on one arm while she looped her other around Vil's. "Though I must confess that I feel a little underdressed now."

Vil chuckled and shook his head. "No, darling, they match you perfectly. Perhaps I should start calling you my rose instead."

"Oh look at those!" Y/N pointed to a stall across the street that was selling lamps. Her eyes were wide with delight at the beautiful lamps, and she pulled Vil with her, deaf to the boy's chuckles as her almost child-like delight. 

Behind the stall counter was a boy, currently working at cleaning one of the more intricate lamps. The footsteps approaching his stall were music to his ears, and he smiled all the wider when he saw a beautiful young girl dragging what looked like her date along behind her.

"Good morning," he called, getting up from where he was sitting on a wooden crate. He set the lamp aside to be cleaned later and turned to interact with the two teens.

"Good morning," Y/N said. "These lamps are amazing."

The boy flushed, tugging on a dark blue strand of hair in his ponytail. "Thanks. My father and I work to carve them during the summer and then I bring them to town here to sell." He picked one up and held it out to Y/N. "Here. You can have it."

Y/N shook her head. "No. I can't take something like that for free-"

"Please," the boy said. "I insist. I want to give it to you."

Y/N eventually relented and took the delicate golden trinket in her hands, cradling it along with the flowers. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. I'm Jin. What's your name?" He spoke mainly to the girl. He didn't like the way the boy was eyeing him like he had a problem with Jin associating with the young lady.