🐙 Chapter 87

"We came all this way to monitor Azul but..." 

Y/N snickered and bumped her shoulder with Jack's, making the much larger wolf stumble a bit in shock. He was surprised at how much strength the young woman packed, especially since at first glance, he would have thought her to be more interested in the many volumes within the library. Not that he had a problem with the way that she seemed to find joy in teasing him. 

"I didn't think you would be one to skip class," Y/N joked. She turned to the boy on her other side. "Or you for that matter, Yuu. You seem so eager to go and study." No one felt like pointing out the fact that Y/N was being sarcastic. Yuu often found himself struggling to pull himself out of bed in the mornings.

Yuu shrugged and threw an arm around Y/N's shoulders and pulled her into a hug. "Well, at least now I get to spend more time with you, N/N." He pressed a kiss to the top of her head and Y/N struggled with the rosy heat threatening her s/c skin.

"This was a direct order from the headmaster," Jack mused, rubbing the back of his head. "I'm sure he'll see cutting class as part of it. That and I'm tired of this losing streak."

Y/N smirked. "Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night, wolf boy."

"If you're gonna find the secret to Azul's strength, I wanna know too."

. . . 

The three intrepid spies slipped into a lecture hall, quietly mingling amongst the students who were sitting in their seats. Azul was standing in his seat near the front, singing beautiful notes.

Y/N smiled as she heard the boy sing, listening to the way that the lyrics to the song slipped off his tongue as effortlessly as a siren's song. 

"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty. They weren't kidding when they called me well, a witch. But you'll find that nowadays I've mended all my ways, repented, seen the light, and made a switch. True? Yes."

Azul cast a glance around the room. Yuu and Jack both ducked down, though Y/N was so entranced by his voice that she found it hard to look away. The Octavinelle leader smirked when he saw her standing at the back of the room. He had wondered how long it would take for them to come and seek him out. 

"And I, fortunately, know a little magic. It's a talent that I always have possessed. And dear lady, please don't laugh, I use it on behalf of the miserable, lonely, and depressed." He took a step forward, leaving his desk, and slowly walking toward Y/N. 

"Poor unfortunate souls. In pain, in need. This one longing to be thinner, that one wants to get the girl, and do I help them? Yes, indeed." 

As the two boys noticed Azul getting closer to where they were hiding and scurried off, leaving Y/N to fend for herself in her daze like state. Everyone else in the room was curious as to what was happening. They had never seen someone react like this to Azul's singing. Yes, it was beautiful, but enchanting enough to render someone speechless and almost hypnotised was another matter. 

"Those poor unfortunate souls. So sad, so true. They come flocking to my cauldron crying, "Spells, Azul, please!" And I help them! Yes, I do."

Azul finally reached the back row of tables where Y/N was standing and reached out a graceful hand, running it through her hair. 

"Now it's happened once or twice, someone couldn't pay the prince, and I'm afraid I had to rake'em 'cross the coals. Yes, I've had the odd complaint, but on the whole, I've been a saint. To those poor unfortunate souls!"