🥀 Chapter 30

"So I'll meet you in your dorm in about an hour and a half, is that okay?" Class had gotten out for the day, and Grim was already tugging at Y/N's hand to try and drag her away to the chestnut tree grove. 

Sebek nodded. "That sounds good. Silver has requested to study with us. Is that all right with you?"

Y/N couldn't help but smile. "Of course! The more the merrier!"

"C'mon Y/N," Grim huffed, using all of his body weight to try and pull Y/N away from the Diasomnia student. "I wanna eat some tart!"

"Seems like you had better get going," Sebek grinned.

"Yeah, seems like. See you later!" Y/N allowed Grim to pull her off down the hall, as Yuu, Ace, and Deuce followed behind, all of them carefully weaving between the many students who seemed eager to put down their things for the day. 

"Slow down, Grim," Y/N yelled, as her feet started to slip on the ground. "I can't r-" The girl let out a small scream as she tripped, falling to the ground in the middle of the crowded hallway. She pushed herself up and glared at Grim, peeved that he had been so careless.

The little raccoon did nothing but cross his arms and mutter something along the lines of it being Y/N's fault for being so tall.

"You're what, a foot tall," Y/N snapped. She sighed and motioned for Yuu, Ace, and Deuce to go on. 

"I'll meet you there. I just remembered that I have to stop by Crewel's office so that I can get my uniform."

"Are you sure," Yuu asked quietly, bending down to help Y/N pick up her things. 

Y/N nodded. "Ace and Deuce are gonna need your help watching Grim. I'll see you in the grove, okay?"

Yuu eventually relented and chased after the trio, yelling at Grim to slow down. Y/N chuckled when she thought of Yuu scolding Grim for being so careless, but continued picking her things up.

"Are you all right, Clair de Lune?"

"Rook!" Y/N smiled at the familiar boy crouching down in front of her. He started picking up her things and handing them back to her.

 "How lovely to see you again, though I wish that it wasn't because you had just slipped on the ground." He got to his feet and held out his hand, pulling Y/N up when she took it. 

Y/N shrugged, brushing off her pants, which had gotten a bit of dust around the knees. "It's fine. No harm done."

"Rook!" 

Y/N peered over Rook's shoulder to see two other boys walking up to him, one with short lilac hair, the other making Y/N's heart leap up into her throat. She remembered Rook talking about Vil, the dorm head, who he thought to be the most beautiful person in the school, and even though Y/N had already seen plenty of stunningly beautiful males here, she had to admit that this one was by far the most beautiful that she had seen. 

"Ah! Roi du Poison et Monsieur Crabapple."

"We were wondering where you disappeared to," the beautiful man said. His eyes flickered over to Y/N, who was suddenly very self-conscious about her slightly messy hair, and the way that the collar of her shirt was slightly askew from her tumble. She lowered her head so that her hair fell over her face like a curtain, hiding her away from embarrassment. 

"Is this the girl that you keep talking about?" It wasn't a familiar voice, and Y/N peeked out through a small gap in her hair, meeting the eyes of the small lilac-haired boy. "She seems shy."

Rook laughed long and loud, making Y/N's neck and cheeks heat up. Her hands clenched around her books.

"I am sure that Clair de Lune is simply shy because of how beautiful Roi du Poison is."