🥀 Chapter 25

Y/N hummed quietly to herself as she walked into the potions lab. Her first period of the day was potions with a particularly stylish professor named Divus Crewel who she had seen a few times before when he had been tasked with creating clothes for her, and she was happy that if anyone was making her clothes that it was him. He was the most stylish person she had met on the campus, and the only one she had met who had any idea as to what she would look good in. She found herself a desk and sat down behind it, pulling her lab coat out of her bag and sliding it on over her uniform.

"Miss. Artem," Crewel called when he saw her sitting down in the room. She glanced up from her notebook that she had just pulled out and bit her lip when Crewel motioned for her to come over. As usual, he was dressed in his black and white vest and white and black fur striped coat. It was quite a statement piece, and Y/N found herself wondering about how warm it would be to wear the coat.

"Yes sir," Y/N asked, fiddling nervously with her gloves.

"Your uniform will be finished by the end of today, so please come back after your classes are done to receive your uniform and other clothes."

Y/N smiled and thanked Crewel before returning to her seat.

Class started a few minutes later, and once it did, Crewel got to his feet, picking up his ruby-tipped pointer and tapping it on his hand. "So you are all the fresh faces in my homeroom." He glanced around the room at everyone. "Hmmm, there are some rare hair colours in the bunch. Not bad. Make sure to take proper care of it daily. My name is Divus Crewel. You may feel free to call me Master Crewel." A few stragglers came in and Crewel turned on them. "Take your seats! Class will begin."

Then, he turned to the board at the back of the room. "First for the basics. I will beat the names and appearances of one hundred types of medicine and poison into your little brains. We'll cover fungi later. Now, memorise these so you don't go around getting poisoned by random things you eat off the ground."

"Does he think we're dogs," one of the students on Y/N's right said.

"Don't know," his friend muttered. "Seems like."

"Dogs will eat whatever is lying around," Crewel said and all of the students looked at each other. "Your training will be strict and I better not see any red marks on your tests."

They spent the rest of the period combing through the notes that Crewel ordered them to take based on the textbooks that they had, memorizing each type of poison in the book. Most of the students spent the class grumbling about the boring lesson, but Y/N tried to tune out the grumbling and focus on what she was being taught.

Her second period was one that somehow managed to be even more boring, though somehow she still managed to stay awake. History didn't seem to be her thing and she felt herself slipping off to dreamland more than once.

The history classroom seemed pretty basic compared to the potions classroom. There was a desk at one end of the room with books piled high on the surface. Behind it was a large chalkboard standing next to a bookshelf filled to the brim with books. A particularly beautiful orb was resting on top of the bookshelf with an olive green stand that held it in place as it spun around. The desks were lined up against the walls of the classroom in two rows with seats behind them and a small place where students could put their books.

As the student sat down, Y/N found herself sitting next to Deuce, who was looking more tired than he had that morning. As the professor got up from his seat, she poked him in the side, making him jerk violently and nearly stand up.

"I am Trein, and I am in charge of your history lessons," the man said. "This is my familiar. Lucius." The fluffy black cat stared at the students in the classroom, its tail twitching in time with the grandfather clock. "You will learn about the history of magic which brought prosperity to the world. Participation in this class will affect our grade, not just reports. I will not forgive sleeping in class." His eyes narrowed in on Ace, who was already struggling with falling asleep, and Y/N reached out to poke him, waking him up rather quickly.