🦁 Chapter 73

"If you have that much power, why do things like this," Riddle yelled. 

Leona got to his feet. "Why? How's knowing the reason going to change anything? Are you going to scold me and then comfort me? In this world, there are plenty of times when talent and effort make no difference. Just like how Ruggie couldn't do anything do me right now." He scoffed and glanced over to Y/N, who was working on healing Ruggie's arm. "So pathetic. Truly pitiful."

That seemed to be enough for Jack. "Knock it off! Unleash Beast!" The howl of a wolf filled the arena and a second later, Jack was replaced with a stunning white wolf, larger than any that anyone had seen before. 

"That's..."

The wolf snarled and ran down the field, heading for Leona. 

"What the heck! Gah!" Leona narrowly managed to dodge Jack's ferocious attack, rolling to the side. Jack skidded to a stop just on the other side of Leona and charged again.

"Riddle," Y/N yelled, pointing to where Leona was focusing on avoiding Jack's bites.

"Off with your head!"

This time, the magic collar did its job and snapped shut around Leona's neck. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief, even the Savanaclaw members, who had been watching from the sidelines. The sand started to clear and Ruggie sat up, coughing as he did so.

"Ruggie," Y/N asked, resting one hand on the boy's back as she helped him sit up. Still weak from the magic, he slumped against Y/N.

"Y-Y/N," he whispered weakly. He stared at his arm, now healed by Y/N's magic. "Thank you."

"Very nice, Riddle," Cater said. "You stopped Leona's magic!"

Y/N helped Ruggie to his feet and helped him over to the rest of the group, ignoring his feeble protests about how he didn't need her help. She handed Ruggie over to Silver and Sebek.

"Can you three make sure that he's all right," Y/N asked, as Lilia took Ruggie from Y/N.

"Of course," Silver said. "Sebek, let's get any inuured out of here."

"Don't assume you can give me orders, Silver!"

Y/N rolled her eyes, "Oh my goodness, now!" The two jumped, but obeyed and started gathering the other Savanaclaw students so that they could take them to the infirmary. 

Y/n turned back to Leona, twirling her wand in her hand. 

"D***it! A collar, and a lion like me?! Jack! Where the heck did you get your hands on a banned transformation potion?"

"My unique magic lets me shapeshift into a wolf," Jack yelled back, now in his human form.

Leona smirked. "Huh... You can use magic to become an actual dog? That's certainly unique."

"Leona... I... I... I wanted to get into this school because I looked up to you! Where has the Leona I admired gone to?!" Jack's confession took everyone by surprise.

"Don't just shove your dreams onto me," Leona huffed. "So annoying."

Riddle lowered his gaze to the dusty stadium floor. "I may not have the right to say anything but, I can't stand to look at you right now. Confine yourself to your room and cool your head for a bit!"

"What do any of you know? Preaching on and on just like my brother..."

As Lilia was leaving the stadium, he turned back to look at Leona. "Men like you are much more suited for that collar than a crown. Listening to a royal lion of the savannah talk like this is appalling."