🐙 Chapter 83

Minerva seemed just as excited to head down to the village as Y/N was. Vargas had somehow managed to get her saddled up without being kicked, and by the time Y/N got down to the stables, Minerva was prancing around expectantly.

"Hey, Minerva," Y/N called out. She walked up to the fence and nimbly climbed over, landing in the paddock on the other side. Minerva trotted over and bumped her nose against Y/N's chin, making the girl laugh. 

"Well, it's nice to see you too, girl." Y/N pulled a bright red apple from her saddlebag and held it out for the horse.

"Here you are, girl. How about we just keep this a secret between you and me so that Crowley doesn't have a fit?" Minerva seemed to agree and soon the two were racing down the path of the paddock. Y/N grinned as she urged the horse to run, and as they reached the end of the field, Minerva's wings emerged from her back, stretching to the sides and carrying the duo up into the clouds.

. . .

The village was unlike anything Y/N had seen before. Cobblestone streets that stretched from one side of the island to the other, buildings that seemed uniform, though with twists that the owners added to make them unique, shops for clothes, accessories, and anything else that a student could want, bakeries and cafes, and too many other things for Y/N to see with only her two eyes. Even as she and Minerva flew overhead, watching as everyone mingled around below. Y/N saw a few NRC uniforms, probably other top students who had been extended the same offer as her, but most people wandering around seemed to either be dressed in a white suit, or in casual attire that blended in with those who lived in the village.

"What do you say that we get you to a stable with some food," Y/N said. Minerva whinnied in agreement. The two looped around and flew back to the entrance of the village where Y/N had seen a stable saying that it was open for people who needed an empty stall for horses, or in Y/N's case, a pegasus. 

Once she was sure that Minerva was getting the best treatment a pegasus could want, she headed into the main part of the village, her eyes wide with excitement as she took in the sights that this quaint little place offered. She wandered around for the first few minutes, stunned by how beautiful and peaceful everything was compared to everything that had happened recently up at the school, but soon, she started to miss her troublesome friends. 

'It would have been nice to come here with some people that I knew,' Y/N thought, her lips pursed in semi-irritation. But what was she supposed to do? Crowley had only given her permission to visit the village, with hopes that she might meet some RSA students. 

But as she was walking around, she felt her phone vibrate and she pulled it out. She smiled when she saw that it was a text from Cater.

Cater <3: Where are you?? Are you okay??

'Oops. I guess I forgot to tell them...' She frowned when she saw Cater's name in her phone. 'That's the last time I trust him with my phone...' He had been the one to put his number into her phone, so he had also taken the liberty of inputting his name.

Y/N: Crowley let me go down to the village for the day. Something about bonding with the RSA students?

Cater <3: Aww. I wanted to go with you :(

Y/N: Maybe you can come next time

Cater <3: Fineee~ 

Cater <3: I gtg. Riddle needs help

Y/N: Okay. Cya

Cater <3: <3

Y/N rolled her eyes and was about to put her phone away when she suddenly crashed into someone.