🦁 Chapter 65

Sure enough, most of the students were still in the cafeteria. The small group stood in the doorway, searching for the boy matching the picture on Cater's phone.

"Um... Jamil has dark skin and long, black hair..." 

"There!" Y/N pointed to a table across the cafeteria where Jamil was sitting with another boy that seemed vaguely familiar to Y/N.

'How many people have I met so far,' Y/N asked as she walked across the cafeteria, following closely behind Riddle and Cater. She started tapping her fingers as she thought. 'Yuu...Grim...Cater, Trey, Riddle, Ace, and Deuce... Jade, Azul... what was Jade's twin n- oh, Floyd... Leona, Ruggie, Jack... Jamil... Mal, Sebek, Silver, Lilia... anyone else...' Y/N stared at her fingers, feeling like there were more people that she was missing.

"Y/N!"

The girl looked up to see some unnamed people waving at her from across the cafeteria. 

'Vil, Rook, and Epel,' Y/N nearly yelled in her mind. 'How could I forget them?!' She waved to them, deciding to go and talk to them once she had checked on Jamil. She felt that she owed him that much at least since he had brought her to the infirmary. 

"Yo," Grim yelled, hopping up onto the table once they reached it. "You're the guy that got hurt in the kitchen yesterday? Tell us about it."

"Grim," Y/N huffed. 

Jamil looked up from his bandaged hands. "Huh? What do you guys want, out of the blue." 

The boy sitting next to Jamil jumped at the sight of Grim. "Ahh! This is the raccoon that set my butt on fire during the entrance ceremony!" 

Y/N picked Grim up by the collar and dropped him back onto the floor, making the small beast shout at her. 

"Grim," Riddle warned, "It would do you well to watch how you talk to people." He turned to the two Scarabia dorm members. "We're sorry for bothering you while you're eating."

"The dorm head of Heartslabyul and the violent raccoon from the ceremony! Ah ha ha! This is a funny combo!" Y/N was surprised to see that the boy wasn't wearing the standard black blazer that everyone else was wearing. 

"I ain't no raccoon," Grim yelled, leaping at the boy, though Y/N managed to grab him at the last moment. "I'm the Great Grim! Let me go!"

"Not until you shut it," Y/N huffed. "You're being a pain."

Grim calmed down a little, though he was still glaring. "And these two are my underlings, Yuu and -"

"I'm not your underling." Y/N sighed. "I'm Y/N. Y/N Artem."

Jamil was the first to recognize her, and he gave her a small smile. "I remember you. How are you?"

Y/N slid into the seat next to him. "Better. Thanks for taking me to the infirmary."

"No problem."

"Well, I'm Kalim, the dorm head for Scarabia. This is the vice dorm head, Jamil. Nice to meet you."

Grim froze in Y/N's arms. "Oh. This guy's got a loose screw or two." Everyone chose to ignore Grim's little comment, besides Y/N giving his ear a flick.

"Why do you want to know about my injury?" Jamil seemed to be talking mostly to Y/N.

"We're investigating the safety of the kitchen," Yuu said quickly before Y/N had any chance to flounder for an answer. 

Jamil stared at Yuu for a moment before shrugging. "Well, I don't mind. Last night I was in the kitchen making agemanju with lamb per Kalim's request."

"Jamil's agemanju is the best," Kalim declared. "You guys should try it sometime."