🦁 Chapter 75

"The Kingdom of Callisto was a place of joy and laughter. A safe haven for those who sought to leave their old lives behind, and a place of comfort for those who wished for the simple life."

As Y/N watched, she saw a version of herself, nearly identical to her appearance now, dressed in a stunning f/c sundress that spun around as she twirled along with the music. Standing next to her was a somewhat familiar man with silver eyes and dark hair. He smiled as he watched Y/N dance, his hands folded behind his back. 

"Come on, Lemar! It's the festival of the moon! Don't just stand there! Have some fun."

The man sighed and shook his head. "All due respect, your Highness, I believe that it would be better if-"

"All right, fine. Buzzkill. I'm gonna go and have fun!" She ran off into the crowds, leaving her friend behind. 

"Lemar was the son of a noble. He was one of the few people who regularly saw Y/N as she truly was, the bright princess of Callisto, and the young girl who enjoyed the simple life of the country to the luxurious life that she lived up at the castle, slowly learning how to be a proper princess."

As Lemar watched from the wall, another young man came and approached him. The two smiled at each other, nodding in greeting, before turning their attention back to the princess who was now dancing with a small girl. 

"What brings you here, Benjamin?"

The boy shrugged and held out a book. "Your kingdom has much better literature than my small village. And I thought that I should come and see the festival of the moon. The Princess said that it was a sight to behold."

Lemar nodded. "That it is." 

Benjamin noticed the somewhat forlorn look on Lemar's face and frowned. "You haven't spoken with her about it yet, have you?"

"No. How am I supposed to? I do not know how she feels about me, and how am I supposed to say that we were promised to each other the moment we were born? As far as she knows, our parents just like us being friends with each other."

Benjamin shook his head. "I think she knows more than you think. She sent me a letter not too long ago, confessing that she knew that her parents wanted her to wed soon."

"It was true. Y/N's parents had recently been looking at possible partners for their beloved daughter, also keeping in mind that they had agreed that if no one came to claim their daughter's hand in marriage, she would have no choice but to wed Lemar. Lemar was the son of a wealthy and powerful duke, the wealthiest in the land. So Lemar had been the natural first choice for Y/N's possible husband."

Y/N, current Y/N, shuddered at the thought of being married off to someone so quickly. She seemed to be no older than twenty in the vision, though as she danced with the children, she seemed even younger.

The vision soon faded and Y/N was left with another vision. This one showed her previous self sitting in front of the fire with a book in her hands. It seemed like she was alone, save for the piles of books around her armchair and the crackling log fireplace. Soft music drifted around the library, dancing in beautiful partnership with the crackling fireplace. 

"You sure stay up late." 

Y/N jumped but breathed a sigh of relief when she realised that it was just one of the castle's guests. 

"Elias," she said, placing a hand on her heart. "You nearly scared the life out of me."

"Apologies, my lady. I did not mean to startle you." He leaned against one of the bookshelves, fiddling with a leather-bound tome in his hands. "Do you mind if I join you?"