🦁 Chapter 60

"Shall we chase after the others?"

Jade chuckled and shook his head. "No." He turned to Y/N and gently disentangled her from Floyd, though he kept an arm wrapped tightly around her waist. "Report back to Azul. Tell him that Heartslabyul is spying on the other houses' magift teams."

Floyd pouted. "But I wanna squeeze little starfish~" 

Jade shook his head. "I will deal with the starfish. But you need to go and tell Azul."

Eventually, Floyd left, pouting all the way about how Jade got to spend time with his little starfish. 

Once he was gone, Jade turned to Y/N with a suave smirk on his face. "You know, it's not ladylike to spy on people."

Y/N flushed. "I-I wasn't spying. There have just been some odd injuries affecting magift players, so we wanted to come and check on you." 

That answer seemed to appease Jade and he released his hold around the girl's waist. "All right, I will let you go. But in return..." He was suddenly only an inch from Y/N's face. Her back was pressed up against one of the pillars surrounding the well, and Jade's forearm was resting just above her head. "You must come and visit Mostro Lounge. Azul said that you promised to come, but you haven't yet. I sense that he is disappointed that you have not kept your promise, little pearl."

Y/N flushed. "I'll stop by as soon as I can." She suddenly found Jade's tie extremely interesting.

"Unfortunately, that's not good enough," Jade smirked, still leaning closer. "I will come and pick you up from your dorm tonight at seven. Please be ready, because I won't give you time to dress up once I am there."

He backed away from the girl and strode off, following in the same direction that his twin had gone. Y/N felt her heart racing a mile a minute and she scurried off, searching for her two traitorous friends. 

She found them hiding behind the pillars on the edge of the courtyard. Both boys thought that her glare matched one that they might have seen on a tiger's face, and they paled.

"I hope you two are happy with yourselves," Y/N hissed. "Leaving me to deal with those two!"

After many apologies and a few hugs from Cater, Y/N decided to head to class. She was getting exhausted, spending all of her morning running around, and felt like her legs needed a break. Cater and Riddle had classes now as well, so the three split off and headed to their respective classes, promising to meet up once classes were finished to continue their search.

Y/N slid into the history classroom with no repercussions, other than Lucius making himself comfortable on the girl's lap. Deuce noticed her presence and quickly checked to make sure that Trein wasn't paying attention to them before writing a quick note down on the paper and sliding it across the desk to Y/N.

Did you find anyone?

Y/N scribbled back her own answer and slid it back.

We checked on Rook Hunt from Pomefiore, and the twins Jade and Floyd Leech from Octavinelle. We didn't think that any of them needed bodyguards though.

Are you continuing your search after classes?

Yes. Wanna come with?

Sure.

Oh, yeah, Riddle said that he would consider you and Ace for the team if you put effort into helping us find the culprit.

Deuce got in trouble for whooping with joy.

After classes, Y/N grabbed her friends and rushed down to meet Cater and Riddle by the gate.

"Who should we go and check out next," Y/N asked, watching as students filtered out of the school, heading in the direction of the Hall of Mirrors. Most likely, they were tired from long days of cramming their heads full of knowledge and were excited to go and rest before suppertime.