🦁 Chapter 77

"Headmaster! We found the culprit, just like you asked," Grim said proudly, pointing to where Leona was sitting on the ground. Everyone else had elected to leave him alone, save Y/N who was sitting next to him, the two of them talking in hushed tones.

"You're gonna let us play in the tournament like you promised, right?"

Crowley blanched at the reminder of his promise. He had been hoping that Grim might forget about that altogether, but it seemed that he had greatly underestimated the memory of the little monster.

"Eh? Aah... I did promise you that..." He quickly tried to think of an excuse to break it to the little cat that he wouldn't be able to play. "It's most definitely impossible. We've already announced the tournament lineup. What should we do about this?"

"Eeehhh! That's cruel! You scammer!" Grim glared at the headmaster. "I'm gonna set your butt on fire!"

"Wait, wait, wait! Pause in your lighting of things on fire. I'll come up with an idea." He huffed. He had been hoping to avoid Grim playing in the games, as the tiny beast still seemed to have no concept of how to actually interact with humans, on or off the field, but it seemed that he now had no choice. Especially since Grim seemed to hold a grudge longer than any human Crowley had ever met.

"I know! How about playing in a special exhibition match? It will be like the opening act before the main event. I'm sure you'll be able to show off!"

"Show off?"

"Why of course!"

This seemed to appease Grim enough. "I'm good to go as long as I can show off!" The little irritation started dancing around joyfully. "Yay! I'm gonna get a bunch of scouts after everyone sees my greatness on TV!"

Y/N, who had been listening in on the conversation between her dorm mate and the headmaster sighed. 'That cat has a one-way track for a mind.'

"Don't we need seven players for a team," Yuu asked.

"Extra members..." Crowley hummed, trying to think of a solution. "What to do... And we need a team for you to play against. Maybe I can get a staff team together..."

"Fgna! Did you forget that too?!"

"We heard everything," Ace said, walking over to the trio with Deuce by his side.

"For extra members, we'll take those spots," Deuce smirked, cracking his knuckles as he said this.

"What are you talking about," Riddle asked. "Aren't both of you on team Heartslabyul?"

Ace shrugged. "There's no rule that says you can't join another dorm's team."

Trey laughed, hobbling over with Cater's help. "Haha! I've never thought about it before, but you're right!"

"That sounds like fun," Cater agreed. "I wanna join the prefect's team too~"

"Cater! You're one of our regular members!"

Ace turned back to the headmaster. "Just cheering for our classmates from the side would be boring. I'll do whatever it takes to play."

"I'm not like him," Deuce yelled. "I purely want to help out my dear friends."

Y/N just rolled her eyes.

Jack walked up to the group, followed by Ruggie. Y/N followed soon after with Leona, who still seemed extremely miffed by this whole ordeal.

"If it's an opponent you're looking for," Jack said with a smirk, "Savanaclaw will take you on."

"You will," Grim asked.