Prologue

"Just in time, bro," Taehyung told the man who stood in front of them looking angry and disappointed.

The woman on his lap froze, and when she turned, she gasped out loudly in shock and got up quickly.

"Eun-woo!" she said, scrambling for her clothes on the floor.

A look of disgust passed over Eun-woo's face. "You were right. And I should have believed you the first time you warned me about her."

The woman looked at him with shock. "What?" Slowly, realization dawned. Her eyes swung towards Taehyung. "This is a trap!" she accused.

Taehyung stubbed the cigar on a crystal ashtray.

"I believe you were the one laying the trap, sweetheart," he drawled. "I just showed my cousin the truth."

The woman shook her head and went to Eun-woo with teary eyes and clung to him. "Don't believe him, Eun-woo" she pleaded. "H-he forced me to come here and... and threatened me with dire consequences if I didn't."

Eun-woo shook her off in disgust. "Get out before I have you thrown out!"

"Please believe me. I—" She broke off when she saw the angry, hurt look on Eun-woo's face. She realized he wasn't in the frame of mind to listen to her excuses.

"Go!"

With a sob, she ran out of the room, her steps echoing loudly in the marbled corridor of the mansion.

"You okay?" Taehyung asked. Eun-woo was seated on a chair with a forlorn look.

"Yeah. I will be."

Taehyung knew Eun-woo didn't blame him for what had happened in the room. The close bond they shared didn't allow such doubts. Born only days apart, they grew up more like brothers rather than cousins.

"My parents are going to be so happy now," Eun-woo said with a resigned sigh. "Mother especially. She was furious that I brought Ella to this party. Even my father, despite his multiple mistresses, gave me a disapproving look for breaking the protocol and bringing side-pieces near the family. I had argued with them saying Ella was important to me."

"You don't have to face them. Let's get out of here," Taehyung suggested. "Let's go for a long drive."

Few minutes later, a uniformed man approached them when they reached the mansion entrance. "Would you like a car and a driver readied for you, sir?"

"No need for a driver. Just bring in my new car."

Taehyung had a huge collection of cars. Eun-woo, although not a speed enthusiast, much to his mother's disappointment, got used to the fast sports cars as well.

Soon, a two-seater yellow sports car with black stripes was brought to the front.

Eun-woo sat in the passenger seat. He had just buckled his seat belt, when a woman came rushing in front of the car. It was Ella.

Ella's eyes were brimming with tears. Eun-woo thought she would plead and beg him to take her back, but her words were directed at Taehyung.

"You are a cold, selfish bastard with no heart! I hope one day a woman stomps on your shriveled heart, making you beg for her affection. And I hope she leaves you eventually, breaking your heart!"

Taehyung appeared unfazed at the words or shouting. Everyone knew those words were ridiculous. With money, looks and a royal title, Taehyung could pick and choose any woman.  He never had to put in any effort to get a woman's attention.

"You are contradicting yourself, sweetheart," Taehyung mocked with a cold smile. "If I have no heart, then how can some fictional woman stomp over it or break it?"

Ella was enraged at his mockery. "You will pay!" she vowed.

Taehyung had enough of her dramatics. "Take her away," he told the security who were waiting for a sign. "Don't let her back in. Drop her to wherever she wants to go."

As the car sped out at breakneck speed, her screams faded.