Chapter 16 - Part 2

There was only dim lighting in the corridor. Jennie bit her lip to stop it from trembling.

Why can't you wait until morning to tell him of your decision like any sane person!

Even as she berated herself, her legs hurried her to the west wing on the top floor.

Maybe she didn't want to give him time to change his mind. What if he didn't want her anymore in the morning?

It was pathetic. When it came to that man, she was a weak, trembling, idiotic mess. And now, she discovered she didn't have much self-respect either. She was determined to go after the man she badly wanted rather than waiting for him to come to her.

"It's going to be fine," she whispered.

She turned the knob of the door to the suite and stepped inside. It was almost pitch dark since the heavy drapes remained closed to stop the sunlight from filtering in during the morning.

Stumbling a little, she went towards the room she had never been to before—the beast's bedroom. She still thought of him as a beast. Because he was one. And now, she was going to claim her beast.

With a soft click, she turned the knob on the bedroom door, and then thanked God it was left unlocked. Sucking in a deep breath, she stepped inside.

Her heartbeat was loud enough to drown any out other sounds. Slowly, her eyes adjusted to the dark, and she saw a huge bed on a raised dais in the center of a large room.

She pulled her robe closer as a shiver racked her body. She knew it wasn't because of the cold. It was because she felt him. She couldn't see him as he was lying within the shadows on the bed, but she could feel his gaze. Biting her lip to stop it from trembling, she untied her robe and let it fall at her feet.

She felt his gaze moving over her face and then dropping over her body, which was clad only in a thin nightgown. "I've decided to take you up on your offer," she whispered.

With shaking legs, she went towards the bed and stood right next to him.

"Be very sure," he said in a dark, raspy tone. "Because once you commit to this, I will not let you go until I take everything you have to offer."

Another shiver racked her body listening to his words. Slowly, she sat on the bed next to him and touched his face. "I'm sure," she whispered before leaning in and kissing him softly on his lips.

She gasped when she felt his hands grabbing her shoulders and pulling her on the bed next to him before lying on top of her.