Chapter 6 - Part 2

"Oh my God!" she gasped, staring in awe.

The sight before her was better than anything she had seen. She turned around slowly, looking at the stacks and stacks of books in the huge three-story library.

With a happy sigh, she went to the first floor to the classics section.
Running her finger gently on a leather-bound book with gold-colored script, she pulled out one of her favorite books. 

Would the beast mind if she borrowed his expensive books? She didn't want to ask him, risking his refusal.

Soon, she was lost within the pages of the book.

She didn't know how much time had passed, but when she looked up due to the prickling on her skin, she nearly jumped out of the chaise. 

It was the beast. And he was watching her with a thundering frown.

"I-I was just reading. The library is so beautiful, and it has all of my favorite books, I thought you wouldn't mind. I know I should have checked with you first, but you don't like being disturbed. So, I thought... thought."

She knew she was babbling nervously, but she couldn't help it. "I hope you don't mind."

He didn't say anything even though the thundering frown remained on his face.

Throwing her a sweeping glance, he turned and walked away.
She saw a small stack of books in his large hands.
And instead of going down to the ground floor, he went up the stairs to the second floor.

A soft click of a door indicated he had left.

 With her heart thumping from yet another unexpected encounter, she got up from the chaise.

 Now that she already spotted the library and knew what it contained, she couldn't keep away from it. So, she decided to borrow books, but she would read them elsewhere.

She spent the rest of the evening inside her suite with a book.