Chapter 14 - Part 2

Taehyung rode Lucifer at breakneck speed towards the lake while the heavy downpour continued.

The moments leading up to his current fury flashed in his mind in a loop.

What in the bloody hell were you thinking mauling her like an animal out in the open?

He hadn't been thinking, at least not with his brain. He was driven purely by days and weeks of accumulated lust. Lust towards a beautiful woman who had intrigued and haunted him right from the beginning. Her eyes had both innocence as well as a strange depth that spoke of life experiences and pain. He didn't recall ever wanting a woman as much as he wanted Jennie.

Beast.

He knew Jennie thought of him as a beast. And he had almost proved to her that he was indeed a beast.

But she wanted it too.

No. It cannot happen again. Not with Jennie. Just because she didn't flinch at the sight of him and snapped back at him regardless of his royal title, it didn't mean she wanted to be mauled by him.

It was going to be hard, but he had to stay away from her. He would miss seeing her bright smiles. He would miss listening to her unpredictable comments. And most of all, he would miss her presence which he had begun to crave lately.