The End

Five years later...

Taehyung was inside a room that was painted in bright hues of pink and blue. He was seated on a small chair next to a bed narrating a story.

"Once upon a time, there was a scary beast who lived inside a castle. He wasn't a happy fellow. He was always angry and sad. Until..."

"Until?" a little girl's sleepy yet excited voice prompted.

Taehyung smiled at his three-year-old daughter.

"Until one day, a beauty entered the beast's castle. The beauty was sweet and friendly, and she loved to garden and grow beautiful things. Everyone working in the castle loved her and became her friend, except for the beast. The beast was rude and arrogant to her, and he roared at the beauty for every little thing that she did."

"What did the beauty do?" another little voice asked..

"The beauty stood up to the beast," he replied. "She scolded the beast for his bad behavior. And then, she became his friend and told him a secret..."

"What did she say?" 

"The beauty told the beast that he was actually a prince. But as long as he stayed angry and sad, he would remain a beast. So, the beauty made the beast happy, and she taught him how to be happy. And soon, a miracle happened. The beast turned into a prince..."

There were happy sighs. Taehyung watched as his daughter's eyes drooped and eventually fell close. Soon her breathing evened as she fell into a deep sleep with a content smile. 

Taehyung got up from the chair before covering the children with a soft blanket. He straightened and turned to leave, when he saw Jennie leaning against the doorway.

He went to her. "I thought I asked you to rest," he scolded her in a stern tone.

She grinned. "I wanted to listen to the story too."

He shook his head. "You've been on your feet all day."

"I'm fine—" Before she could continue she gasped when he swung her into his arms.

"Arrogant beast," she said with a giggle and put her arms around his neck as he carried her out of the children's room and into their master suite.

"I'm not sure whether the beast had completely turned into a prince," she said.

"And why do you think that, Dr. Kim?" he asked as he shut their bedroom door.

 "I don't think the beast had completely turned into a prince because the prince still behaves arrogantly most of the times. And also because the beauty had secretly wished that her beast would remain himself."

"But why would beauty wish the prince remain a beast?" he asked, cupping her face.

Jennie smiled at him. "Because the beauty fell in love with the beast."

The End.