Chapter 18 - Part 2

"I don't want you to talk or spend any time with him."

Confused by what she heard, she turned around. "What?"

"Don't talk to my cousin."

She was taken aback.

Her beast's jaw was clenched. "I'm the one paying for you right now. I'm hoping you have enough decency to stay away from others."

Jennie froze completely in shock. Her mind tried to process his words. No, he wouldn't have meant what she thought he did. She must have misunderstood him.

"What are you saying?"

He walked towards her, his face tight with anger and some unreadable emotion. "I'm saying that until our deal is complete, you are not allowed to fuck other men."

She slapped him hard. It was instinctive. And she was shocked that she slapped him. She wasn't the kind to even think of violence, much less act violently.

His jaw clenched, and her slap had left a pale mark on his cheek.

"I'm not a whore," she whispered.

His lips rose in a snarl. "You might fake your interest in me and show quite a bit of enthusiasm during sex, but I'm always aware of the fact that I paid for the privilege to fuck you each night."

Anger rushed through her in waves even as the pain tightened her chest leaving her breathless. She slapped him again. But this time she didn't regret it.

"Get out," she shouted.

He watched her with an unreadable look.

"I said get out!" she screamed.

He didn't. He came closer and reached a hand towards her. She stepped back, wanting to avoid his touch. A tight look of anger passed his face before he His finger brushed her cheek. "Why are you crying?" he demanded.

She didn't know she was. Hot tears were spilling out of her eyes which she was unable to stop.

"Leave me alone and get out," she said, struggling out of his arms.

"Tell me why you are crying," he insisted.

"Because you are disgusting!"

"So, you finally admit how you actually feel about me. I disgust you. The only reason someone like you could ever be with me is because of my money."

"No, you jerk," she shouted into his face. "I'm with you because I want to be with you. I even returned the money you sent me the second time. Check your damn account!"

A look of disbelief passed on his face. "You are beautiful. And I'm scarred and ugly. Why would you want me without my money?"

She couldn't believe that her arrogant beast was so damn clueless about how much she wanted him. But she wasn't going to explain it to him. She still couldn't forgive him for his cruel words.

She scowled. "Maybe you are right. I wouldn't be with someone like you unless it's for money. I should be with someone like... Sunwoo. "

"And maybe I was already with him," she taunted. "Sunwoo and I went for a walk this afternoon. A really long walk during which he pulled me behind some bushes. It must run in your family or something, because like you, he has a huge, impressive—" Before she could finish the filthy sentence, the beast pulled her hard towards him and crashed his mouth on top of hers.

His kiss was aiming to claim possession. She bit his lip angrily, aiming to hurt him for hurting her with his words.

"I didn't mean to accuse you. I'm not the kind to judge even if you did take the money. I reacted that way because was jealous," he softly admitted. "Extremely fucking jealous. I know I don't have the right to feel that way about you. But when you are next to me, I feel happy. I haven't felt happy in three bloody years, and I didn't want to lose that feeling to someone better than me in every way."

Her heart felt full when she heard him say that she made him happy.

"He isn't better than you," she said. "He can't even compare to you. And... you make me happy too."

He looked at her with disbelief.

She laughed. "Fine. There are times when I want to strangle you and call you an arrogant beast, but the rest of the time when I'm with you, I feel happy." She touched his scarred cheek. "I'm with you because I want you," she added softly. "Yes, your cousin is handsome and charming. But he's not you. It's you I want."

He didn't say anything, and his face no longer held the look of disbelief. Pulling her close, he wrapped his arms around her once again.

She couldn't fall asleep because she held back the words she badly wanted to say.

I'm with you because whenever I'm with you, I feel alive. I feel excited. I also feel safe and at home. And the thought of leaving you makes me want to cry.

She had kept those words to herself because at the end of the day, theirs was still a temporary deal, and he expected her to leave after that.