Chapter 18

"You must be Krystal."

Jennie had just taken a break from her studying and come down for lunch when she saw three men and two women seated in the dining room. A tall, familiar-looking man had gotten up and come towards her.

"I'm Sunwoo. Taehyung's cousin."

"We've never seen you before," one of the women introduced as Sana commented.

Before Jennie could respond, Sunwoo replied on her behalf. "Krystal is a Jung. You know how conservative and overprotective the Jungs are."

After a while, Jennie excused herself and returned to her suite after she was done with her lunch.

She sat next to the window and watched the pond while a strange thought formed in her mind. If she had met her beast three years ago before he had the accident and turned into a recluse, would she still have liked him?

A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts.

When she opened it, she was surprised to see Sunwoo.

"Would you like to go for a walk?" he asked.

When she hesitated, he smiled charmingly. "I'm perfectly harmless, I promise," he said.

"Let me get my wrap," she said, returning a small smile of her own.

"How long have you been here at Gyeongbokgung" Sunwoo asked.

"Almost six weeks."

"How do you like it here so far?"

She smiled. "It is quite beautiful."

He let out a dramatic sigh. "If I knew that women from royal families looked like you, I wouldn't have opposed my mom asking me to view prospective brides for an arranged marriage. Maybe it isn't too late. I can try charming you away from my cousin during my visit."

She laughed at his blatant flirting. "I'm sure there are enough prospective brides for you to choose from."

And she didn't think she would ever prefer him over her beast. Her beast's face with perfection on one side and flawed imperfection on the other was what attracted her. And also what she wanted.

Sunwoo continued to chat while they walked. They didn't go very far because she had to get back and catch up with her studying.