Chapter 19

"She's the one, Tae. I know I want to spend the rest of my life with her."

Taehyung was picking up Eunwoo from the airport and driving home. He had just told Taehyung of wanting to propose to Karina. Ever since Eunwoo had met the young heiress again at a party, he seemed smitten and spent a lot of time visiting the Singhal estate.

Taehyung wasn't surprised. It wasn't the first time Eunwoo had fallen in love so soon. Although Taehyung wasn't overly impressed by Karina, he was glad that she wasn't a gold-digger and came from a royal background.

Taehyung was about to say something mocking when suddenly, bright light flashed on Eunwoo's face. "Eunwoo! Watch out!"

There was an SUV in front of them coming on the wrong side of the road. Eunwoo desperately tried to avoid hitting it by swerving the car hard until they went off the road.

The next few seconds were a blur. The car hit a tree and flipped completely. There was a sound of metal crushing and glass shattering, and then everything turned dark.

He didn't know how much time had passed. But when he regained consciousness, he heard sirens and saw flashing lights while being carried by uniformed men.

"Where's my cousin?" he asked with great effort.

"He's still stuck in the car, Mr. Kim. The fuel has leaked out, and there is fire outside spreading rapidly. We tried our best to get him out, but—" Before the policeman could finish, Taehyung wrenched away from the two men supporting him.

"Eunwoo!" Taehyung called out, trying desperately to pull his cousin out from the mangled metal.

But his cousin's eyes were closed.

Taehyung felt the heat of the fire burning next to him as he tried to pull the door open.

"Eunwoo!" he shouted as the flames rose in height.

The searing heat scorched the skin on his face and hands, but he didn't stop trying to tug the door open. There was an ear-splitting blast that threw his entire body to a distance. And then, darkness consumed him once again.

Taehyung woke up with a jerk. His entire body was sweating and trembling.

The nightmare that had been recurring for the past three years. A nightmare which was the reality of his past.