Chapter 10 - Part 3

Jennie was packing the last of the suitcases when she received a call. It was Krystal.

"Hi, Krystal. I'm almost done with the packing."

Although Jennie would miss the place and its people, she couldn't wait to return. She had too many problems waiting for her to resolve. She still badly needed to set her life back into place.

"Jennie. We have a... situation."

Jennie froze in the act of folding a dress. Krystal's tone was off. "Situation?"

"Yes. Kai just told me that we have to wait for a few more weeks before we can fly out. There's an issue with his visa."

Jennie's heart began to thud. She had a bad feeling where this was going to go. "What does that mean for me, Krystal?"

"It means you have to continue being in that place for a few more days, Jennie... until Kai's visa issue is settled and we fly out."

"I can't, Krystal! I can't be here any longer. I have too many things to do and fix."

"Please, Jennie," Krystal begged. "Please check your messages. Kai has already transferred half the amount I promised I would. The rest I'll do in a week. We'll also send more... whatever we can afford if you stay there for a few more days."

Jennie shook her head, the feeling of dread enveloping her. "How much longer?" she asked.

"Maybe a week... or a little longer."

Jennie was about to oppose when she heard soft sniffling sounds. Krystal was crying, and Jennie's stomach sank once again.

"I'm so sorry, Jennie. I know I'm being selfish here. But please... you don't know how my father is. He will hunt Kai and me down if he gets the slightest doubt that I'm not at there. Please. Help me, Jennie."

Jennie felt torn. Only half the money was transferred. She could cut her losses and leave the next day as planned, but stupid that she was, a weak part of her made her give in to pleas and relent.

"Okay. I'll stay. But—"

"Thank you so much! I promise I'll make it up to you."

"I don't need anything beyond what was promised, Krystal."

"Thank you so much, Jennie. You are a life-saver!"