Chapter 15 - Part 3

Oh God! Kill me now.

Jennie was waiting outside the west wing suite with a small cart. When she offered to do the chores, she had imagined something delivering breakfast or straightening up the room. But not even in her wildest imagination did she think she would have to do the unthinkable.

The beast answered the door. And he looked at her with a frown while she stood with an uncomfortable look on her face.

"Yu jung is resting. I... offered to help you with your chores."

The beast's frown increased in intensity. "What chores?"

"Massage." The word came out as a squeak.

Even the beast looked stunned before his face went carefully blank. "That's not required," he said in a dismissive tone. "I can wait until next week for Yu jung to get better."

Something about his dismissive tone rubbed her the wrong way.

"Looks like your problem is with me. Are you scared of my touch, your beastly highness?" she taunted.

It was an entirely wrong thing to say. She had not only called him a beast to his face, but she also more or less called him a coward. It was like prodding a bull, and an angry one at that.

The beast's nostrils flared, and she could see his eyes burning with a scary intensity.

"Don't push my limits," he said with a low snarl. "Or you'll find out how beastly I can be."

She scoffed, "You don't scare me. But prove that you aren't scared of me either. Let me massage you. I know your left leg and shoulder bother you, and your scars need relief through the massage as well."

"Fine. Let's get this over with."

"I'll change," he said before disappearing into his bedroom.

Think of him as your patient. It's just like massaging any other patient.

But when the beast returned, all thoughts of thinking of him as a patient disappeared.

Swallowing due to the sudden dryness in her mouth, she looked down at the aromatic oils while he settled his powerful, muscular body into the chair she had seen him in the last time during the massage.

Pushing away her nervousness, she took in a deep breath before dipping her hand into the warm aromatic oil. She applied it on his left shoulder first. At the very first touch, she felt tingling and sparks on her sensitive finger pads.

She was left with his neck and face. Dipping her hand into the plain coconut oil, she rubbed the skin on his neck gently.

"I'm done." Her voice came out as a whisper.

The air between them felt thick with tension, crackling with awareness and intensity.

She had a sudden vision of his strong arms gripping her waist while she sat on his lap with their mouths fused together. Her skin burned with heat, and the visual felt so real that the feel of his touch and taste of his kiss invaded her entire body.

She saw his hands fist as though he could read her mind and had similar visuals. Something tangible moved between them and tried to grab her and pull her towards him.

But with great difficulty, she broke their eye contact and turned away.

"Call me if you need anything," she whispered, before running out of his suite with the cart.

She went to her suite and splashed her face with cold water. But the feverish look in her eyes and on her face did not leave.

"What the hell was that," she whispered for what seemed to be the hundredth time.