Chapter 8

The next day, Jennie woke up late.
Despite her many late nights, she had never woken up this late.

But after her encounter with the beast in the library the previous night, she couldn't fall asleep right away.

God! This is torture.

She sat up, still feeling a bit groggy. Pushing away the thick, luxurious bedding, she stepped down to go towards the bathroom.

Jennie hurriedly got ready. She didn't get to her breakfast as she rushed to the kitchens.

Jang mi smiled when she spotted her.

"Good morning, Krystal. Planning on gardening today as well? The weather appears to be nice today. Would you like a picnic lunch?" the cheerful older woman asked while she prepared a breakfast cart.

Jennie shook her head. "No. And please call me Jennie. It's my nickname. I wanted to... spend some time with... Taehyung."

Jang mi's hands paused briefly in the act of pouring something green into a glass tumbler. "What?"

Jennie smiled with great effort. "I've been here for over a week now. I haven't gotten a chance to speak much with him."

Jang mi stared at her before she smiled. "I think it's wonderful that you want to spend time with the young master. I will let him know you asked."

Jennie immediately jumped at the opportunity. "Can I take breakfast to his suite?"

Jang mi didn't seem to mind. In fact, the older woman seemed a bit excited at the prospect.

Just as she pushed the cart to the west wing suite, she took in a deep breath. "All right, Jennie. Good luck facing the beast."