Chapter 11

Jennie remained in her suite the next day. She gave an excuse saying that she had a headache.

But each moment she spent in the suite, she paced about nervously expecting someone to come and inform her that she was to leave. 

Later, she went to the library to return the book. But instead of going right back to her room, she sat in front of a computer.

She was searching for information on the beast when she felt someone's presence. When she turned, she saw the beast standing right next to her.

"I warned you," he growled.

"No. No. I wasn't digging information about you or your family," she lied. She stood up to run away, but the beast held her in his grip.

"Please," she begged. "I didn't mean to."

His eyes glowed with an unholy red as he looked at her. "I will do as your father said I could. I will impregnate you. But instead of marrying you, I will kill you and bury you under the same tree where I had buried the rest of the women who came here to be my bride."

"No! Please. Don't hurt me!"

But her cries and pleas went unheard. The beast dragged her into his lair. There were flames everywhere inside his room, and the bed was the only thing not on fire.

"Time to pay," he said with a vicious growl before going for her throat with his sharp, elongated teeth.

Jennie woke up with a jerk. Her heart was pounding, and she was drenched in sweat.

It took several moments to realize that she had fallen asleep near the window seat and had been dreaming. It was a nasty, ridiculous dream, but thankfully just a dream.

Amid the sounds of her heart pounding, she realized that someone was knocking on the door.

Slowly, with shaky legs, she got up to answer it.

Jang mi's cheerful voice greeted as she opened the door, "Hello, Jennie," she said.

"Hello, Jang mi. Sorry, I fell asleep."

Jennie had stayed hidden inside the room all day. She didn't even step out for her morning walk or venture to the library. She wanted to stay away from the beast and postpone her being thrown out.

"Are you feeling better?" the older woman asked.

"Yes. I feel perfectly fine now."

Excitement gleamed in Jang mi's eyes. "That's great to hear because the young master has asked you to join him for dinner in his suite."