five

Ignore the mistakes

__________

Taehyung plays with Jeongguk's fingers as they lay on his thigh, Jeongguk's left hand steering the steering wheel as they travel to Busan to visit Jeongguk's parents.

Taehyung sighed out in nervousness every few minutes, Jeongguk rubbing his thigh to calm him down.

His parents and Taehyung didn't exactly have a good start. A few months into dating four years ago, Taehyung met the Jeon's. At first, they didn't like him because he was a stripper, thinking that he wasn't good enough for Jeongguk and how they viewed him as a gold digger.

They didn't say it to him. But he's heard them say it to Jeongguk when they thought he was out of earshot.

He remembers how that day went, almost tearing up at their judgement. Jeongguk had shut them down on that, telling them that Taehyung is someone he wants to be with, that he was his everything.

"If you can't accept the fact that I'm with him and just continue to judge him, consider me out of your life." Jeongguk had threatened.

That day was a day, full of rollercoaster emotions. It was also a day when he realized that he fell in love with the ceo.

He remembers that night in their hotel room, cuddling each other to sleep with such warmth after that long day. 

Since that day, Jeongguk's parents has always tried to bond with him, to understand him. And Taehyung was happy about it. But at the same time, he was scared, scared of them turning against him again.

"What's flowing through your brain of yours?" Jeongguk had asked, thumb still rubbing at Taehyung's thigh.

Taehyung leans his head against the window, "Nervous to see them. It's been a few months you know?"

"I know, love. But that doesn't change the bond that the three of you grew over the years. Plus, who are they to even judge you? They're divorced living in the same house, how does that work?" Jeongguk snickers out. Taehyung let's out a small giggle.

"If they can't accept that you're in my life and that I love you, then it's a goodbye from me." Jeongguk said, finger tapping on Taehyung's thigh.

Taehyung had cried once when Jeongguk told him that he was willing to drop anything for him. And this was even before Taehyung met the parents.

It was their first year of dating, Taehyung falling sick from the weather change. Allergies weren't really a problem for him. But sometimes, once spring comes, he'll have the worse colds.

Jeongguk dropped his whole schedule for him, taking care of him. Only to fall sick a few days later.

Taehyung was feeling slightly better, but Jeongguk couldn't barely breathe, tissue sticking out of his nose.

Taehyung had told him that he didn't have to do this. But Jeongguk spoke with no hesitation on telling him that he'll drop anything for him.

Taehyung knows things are slightly different now. What Jeongguk says is true but being a ceo of an model agency really took over.

No doubt, Jeongguk was married to the job, especially because Golden Closet is the biggest modeling agency in South Korea.

Jeongguk slows down the car once they get on their exit, stopping at the red light. He then turns towards his lover, hand locking with Taehyung's, feeling the cold of the band of the promise ring he gave Taehyung.

"They love you. Sure, it took them time to warm up but they love you. So, no need to be nervous, my love. Okay?" Jeongguk assures.

Taehyung sighs then nodded softly, "Okay."