thirty-one

Ignore the mistakes

__________

Tiredness was something that stuck to the ceo for a few hours after long meetings at the office early in the morning. But as they were in the car after morning photoshoots and early office work, Jeongguk's tiredness completely washed away.

Because here is Jeongguk in the passenger seat of his car, Taehyung driving them to Daegu so he could meet the models parents.

The years they have been together, Jeongguk has never met Taehyung's parents for obvious reasons. Taehyung's broken relationship with them in the past and their past break up.

But now they're nine months into their new relationship and Jeongguk is finally meeting Taehyung's parents. He's heard so much about the Kim's now that they're all on good terms and he's sure that they're all nice.

It's just the fact that this is a step that was greatly skipped in their relationship. Almost seven years of loving each other and only one set of parents were met.

Jeongguk is nervous. Really damn nervous. It's hot in the car, he doesn't even think he's blinked in the past seven minutes, just staring at the trees passing by on the freeway.

They have an hour left on this road, the more closer they get, the more Jeongguk spaces out.

Taehyung notices, glancing at his boyfriend from the corner of his eye and slightly smiling. Never has he seen Jeongguk so worked up over something like this.

Then again, this is his first encounter with his parents. And meeting parents isn't something that couples take lightly.

It's a huge step for them. A lot for Taehyung too. He's dreamed of introducing the love of his life to his parents that he's in good terms with.

And it's finally happening.

Taehyung takes a hand off of the steering wheel and rests it on Jeongguk's muscular thigh, rubbing his thumb to comfort the older. Jeongguk seems to snap out of his mind, looking down at Tae's hand and grins.

"They will love you. You don't need to worry." Taehyung softly says, keeping his eyes on the one even with a quick look at his lover.

Jeongguk sighs, "It's not that, that I'm worried about, princess." Jeongguk starts, "This is just all new to me. It feels like something huge on my end, meeting my lovers parents."

Taehyung hums in understanding. That's how he felt with Jeongguk's parents, except, they were the ones to judge him too quickly. The feeling wasn't exactly nice.

But with his parents, they're accepting. Taehyung has told them about their past situation and now that they're back together, they've have been supportive, wishing the best towards his and Jeongguk's newly fresh start of their relationship.

"It is a huge step, Ggukie. I understand how you feel very much so." Taehyung smiles but Jeongguk frowns a bit, remembering how his parents and Taehyung met. It didn't go well.

Taehyung pats his thigh, "No action will be repeated." Taehyung assured, "They already love you from how much I tell them about you." Taehyung giggles a bit.

Jeongguk smiles, "Oh so you talk about me huh?" Jeongguk questions teasingly. Taehyung shrugs with a hum, "I sure do. And I will continue to do so."

It's something about Taehyung being confident about their relationship like this. It makes him love the model even more. Everyday, every second, all the time.

As Taehyung assures him, his nerves calm down, relaxing in his seat and holding his lovers delicate pretty hand.

🥀