eighteen

Ignore the mistakes

__________

Two months of Taehyung being scared shitless to even step foot in Daegu to meet up with his family. But here he is, so many years later, in front of his childhood mini mansion that he's grew up in. A home that didn't feel like a home.

He hasn't been here since he was 18. Now he's here at 26. The last time he's seen his little siblings was when they were in 5th and 4th grade. And 8 years has passed since then.

They're in Highschool now, 12th and 11th grade now that they're back in school from summer break.

Taehyung was absent and half of their lives and Taehyung felt so horrible. But, he's here to make it right. Even though the past won't change, he'll make up the time he's lost with them.

The immediate sobs happened once his little sister opened the door, Lia. She was caught by surprise, having to see her big brother after eight years.

But then she threw herself at him, both of them in tears. This is when the rest joined, seeing what was happening at the door.

And Taehyung was attacked by another hug of his little brother, Soohyun while their parents were in shock to even see him, standing in the background.

It hurt kind of, when Lia and Soohyun led him to the living and sat him down, giving him a bottle of water. And his parents didn't even step foot in the living room and moved on to the kitchen.

Maybe they had to brace themselves. Maybe they had to process.

Maybe they didn't want to be around him.

Taehyung doesn't know. But he knows that he will talk to them after he speaks with his siblings.

At first, Taehyung was tongue tied, silent tears still rolling down his face but he sucked it up, holding both of there hands as they sit on each side of him.

"I'm so sorry." Was the first thing he said, words choking out.

"I left when you needed me the most. And I never came back to fix anything and I–" Taehyung stops when he feels another sob trying to come from his throat. Lia tightens her grip on his hand for a second and sighs, "We were at a time where we didn't really understand what was happening. But as time went past, we heard papa and dad speak about you, how you started dating this rich ceo and became a famous model." Lia looks up at him and shakes her head, "we thought you left us for that. But we were so young, we never understood until we were so close to being in high school."

Lia frowns, sniffling as her tears slowly build up again. Soohyun knew she couldn't continue, so he finished himself, even if it was hard.

"We understand why you left. You didn't have the important people you needed in your life. And you didn't want to be hurt anymore." He says, looking at Taehyung with big teary eyes. Taehyung shakes his head, "But I still left. That doesn't change the fact that you needed me. I was young and stupid."

"And you felt like you did the right thing. And you did. Even after you left, papa and dad changed. They saw what they did wrong and they made sure to not repeat what they did before. They didn't want to lose us like how they lost you."

Lia and Soohyun were so wise. Maybe a little too wise for their age. They are 17 and 18 and a lot more mature than him when he was their age.

Taehyung sobs at how much they grew. And at their age, he's pretty sure they even knew about his break up with Jeongguk, they knew about the time in his life he was a stripper.

They even witnessed his time wasted with a cheater before he left. And now that they're older, they understood what Taehyung has been through.

"We love you, Taehyung. We can work it out, and we understand."