fifteen

Ignore the mistakes

__________

After their argument in the kitchen a week ago, they didn't speak to each other since. And Taehyung was glad, honestly. But it'll sting more once he sees Jeongguk again when his mind is wondering where he's going to go, his mind thinking on their breakup.

And he's glad that they haven't even had the time to see each other. Because Taehyung's schedule has been cleared for a few days so he could look at penthouses to live in, furniture to look for.

Jeongguk hasn't looked at his schedule, not that Taehyung thinks he would after what happened unless he had to for a meeting or something. But Taehyung doesn't have those right now and Jeongguk has no idea that his schedule is even cleared now.

Jeongguk thinks he's out doing photoshoots. But he's out with an interior designing team and a penthouse he's planning to move in.

Taehyung felt bad for doing this. But he thinks it's his only way to get out while he can before he could never back out and live with the fact that Jeongguk and he aren't in a good place to be in a relationship.

Jin and Hoseok is out with him shopping for furniture. Taehyung wanted to choose it himself instead of having the interior designer doing all the work for him. Besides, Taehyung knows a little bit about designing the inside of houses. He has no experience of getting education for it, but Taehyung knows what's fitting for a house and what's not.

Hence why his and Jeongguk's mini mansion looks so well decorated.

Taehyung rubs on a soft grey couch, biting his lip. He glances at his promise ring but quickly looks away and to the couch.

"It's a nice couch, Tae. Perfect for the penthouse you want to move into." Hoseok spoke up, trying his best to cheer up his friend. But it wasn't working.

"It is nice. Really nice." Taehyung says lowly. Jin rubs his shoulder, smiling softly at Taehyung, "You're doing the right thing. It's what's best for the both of you, Tae."

Taehyung didn't want to cry in a rich furniture store but he does, tears rolling down his apple cheeks silently, "Four years isn't something to easily let go..and–and the way I'm breaking it off with Jeongguk isn't the best."

Hoseok holds his hand and Jin squeezes his shoulder lightly, "I know. But still..." Jin sighs, "It's for the best. And it's a hard time, I really know that. But me and Hoseok are here for you."

And Taehyung is grateful for it, grateful for Jin and Hoseok for listening, grateful for them being there for him. But Jeongguk...Jeongguk will hurt. Jeongguk doesn't really have anyone else to lean on.

When he's gone, what would actually happen? Will things get worse? Would this be a mistake?

Taehyung breaks out into a sob, Hoseok holding him in his arms and Jin rubbing his back.

"It's going to be okay." Hoseok comforts him, rubbing his hands in Taehyung's hair.

They're saying everything is going to be okay. But is it? Even after the break up, is it?

🥀

I love Thursday's child like txt always make good music.