[chapter one] one hundred and fourty three days

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Aires pov...

Tate Florence Hale.

That was my real name.

The name that was mine.

The name Aires made me sick, sick to my stomach. It wasn't me, it was never was me. But who was Tate? Who was she? Was she me, the real me? Who was I? I was not Aires, that was for sure. That was the name Talia gave me, and I was not her daughter. I belonged to the woman and man that named me Tate, not Talia.

My whole life had been a lie, every memory, everything that had happened had been made up, altered in my brain. My mother, my family, they lied. They lied to me my whole life. I could no longer tell what was real anymore, I didn't know who to trust.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧⋆ ˚。⋆

143 days had passed since Sage's death. 

France had been, something. Aires couldn't remember much of the past few months, everything was blurred together. Parties, alcohol, hookups and her escape

She had spent a lot of time with Allison, mostly shopping and exploring the country. They were both grieving, we still were. Except Aires had found a way to deal with it. Some nights, she could still hear Allison's sobs, her pleads for her mother to come back. 

Aires wished she was a different person, someone like Allison. Someone who wasn't selfish and was full of love. Except she wasn't that person, she was selfish and she carried hatred heavy in her heart. That was the difference between her and Allison. They may both have been broken, but only one of them was saveable.

You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved.

Living with the Argents was different. The rules on returning to Beacon Hills were that Aires and Allison would stay out of supernatural drama, it destroyed both of their lives and almost took them both. Chris also set other rules in place like, no sneaking out, always say where you are going, always be safe, Tuesdays are reserved family night, always answer your phone and the most important one, never get involved

That one was the hardest for Aires to accept considering her whole life had been surrounded by the supernatural, however Chris was hoping to change that. If there are any supernatural problems we were not to get involved. 

"Have you spoken to your brother?" Lydia asked curiously whilst shoving her head in between the two front seats.

A groan involuntarily fell from the Hales lips. "Yes, he and Chris came to an arrangement that I can spend two days a week over at Derek's new loft, however he has to be in full contact with Chris over that period of time. I don't think Chris trusts him."

An understatement.

"Wow, looks like he's not just overprotective with Allison anymore." The strawberry blonde snickered as she threw her head back in laughter. "So, meet any cute guys? Or girls?"

"Nope." Allison bluntly replied whilst Aires shook her head, too focused on trying not to crash her brand new car.

Over the summer she had taken several driving lessons and gotten her licence. Derek had brought her a black range rover as a present for her sixteen birthday, however she only got to drive it when she got back to Beacon Hills. Though, she shouldn't have been driving at all, not when she was so out of it she could barely keep up with what Lydia was saying. It was truly a miracle that the roads were empty that night.