[chapter fourty five] killing herself over and over

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

I should've been dead.

My head pounded as I stumbled my way past several trees, somewhere along my escape I had managed to fall down a hill and almost blackout. I was barely alive.

As my eyes came into sight of the sign of Beacon Hills hospital, a strangled sob escaped my lips. I was close, so very close. My hands violently shook as I shoved open the double door and ran into the familiar reception, the one I had been in several times over the year.

"Oh my God, Aires?"

For the first time in weeks, I had heard a warm familiar voice, one that wasn't tainted with bad memories.

"Melissa?" I choked out in a trembling sob. 

Before I could stop them, more sobs ripped from my throat, filling the hospital air as I went sinking onto my knees.

I was finally free.

Tears fell down my cheeks as my screams grew louder and louder, I didn't care though, I made it. Melissa's arms wrapped tightly around my fragile body as my pained sobs sent me into a spiral.

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Minutes after Aires had arrived at the hospital, Chris arrived with Allison and the rest of the pack trailing after him. They had heard the news, that she was alive

"Where is she?" He frantically demanded at the receptionist.

"Chris." Melissa mumbled from the other side of the room, she waved her hand towards the hallway. "Follow me."

The group quickly broke into a run before slowing down as they approached the Hales room.

"There's something you should know." Melissa whispered.

"What is it?" Chris shot back. 

"She's not in a good state. She's jumpy, freezing, violently shaking. And her injuries... She's refused to let anyone near her, ever since I got her into a room she's been clutching onto a knife. I think-" A small sob flew past her lips as she quickly wiped away her tears. "I don't think she can ever recover mentally from this. She should be admitted."

A deafening silence lingered in the air. Nobody knew what to do.

"I need to see her." Chris whispered firmly, nodding towards the hospital room.

Inside the room, Aires sat in the corner, her trembling hands wrapped around a surgery knife she had swiped. She didn't intend to steal it, but with Void hot on her heels, she had to have something other than her magic to defend herself with.

The door to the room slowly creaked open, making the girl spring to alert with wide eyes. On instinct, her hands shot in the air, pointing the knife directly towards the entrance. She made a quick mental note to tuck something, some type of weapon, under her pillow when she arrived home. It was a thought she never thought she would ever have. The Hale never fought she would be terrified enough to feel the need to have something to defend herself tucked by her side at all times. Though she also never thought she would ever step back inside of Eichen house until a month ago.

"Aires?" Chris whispered as he slowly stepped into the room.

The girl made no move to greet the Argent, instead her eyes darted to the people trailing behind him, scanning for a certain boy. Never had she felt terror like she did when he chased her, when they were playing their deadly game of tag. When the door clicked and there was no sight of Stiles, Aires sprung onto her feet and made a beeline for a window.