[chapter fourty six] the loophole behind the door of death

Trigger warning for this chapter <3

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Everytime I visited my old home I had been forced to face the sickening sensation and rush of memories that came with it. The Hale home had once been a place of laughter, a safe haven, until it wasn't.

With good came evil, and some evil outweighed all the good.

It didn't help that it also reminded me of what I did, of what she made me do behind the violet door. 

My fingers were wrapped tightly around the handle of my gun as I crept up the stairs to the porch. I didn't have a reason for wanting to go to my old home, I didn't necessarily believe that Stiles would actually be there. However, I couldn't ignore the tugging feeling in my chest that drew me to the house.

"Void?" I called out. "Void."

Silence. 

Fucking silence. 

So why was I there?

The second my eyes spotted the red letters on the wall my eyes widened and my fingers temporarily loosened, almost making the gun slip from my hold.

Twenty three days. 

That was all it said, written in blood were the words seventy two hours.

It wasn't a message, it was a warning, specifically for me.

I wasn't going to be alive in twenty three days.

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

"Nothing?" Chris asked as I hopped into the passenger seat of the truck.

I couldn't tell him about the warning, the one person I had to ask about it had gone completely MIA. Only Lydia would know how true the warning was, and she was nowhere to be seen.

"Nope." I shot back without meeting his eyes. "Where's Derek?"

"He's gone to check out the school."

My face twisted into a frown as I swivelled in my seat. "I thought we were all meeting back at the school?" 

Chris had picked me up from down by the entry of the preserve, refusing to let me walk. I wasn't going to be alive in twenty three days, so I didn't object to it. My time was running out. 

"We are, but I needed to pick you up first."

"You know, I ran here pretty fine-"

"YOU RAN? AIRES VIOLET HALE YOU ARE GROUNDED- I- I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD IGNORE THE DOCTORS ORDERS. MELISSA SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU NOT TO DO ANY TYPE OF EXERCISE OVER THEN WALKING AND YET YOU RAN ANYWAY?"

With a roll of my eyes, I shook my head in amusement at his distress. "Chris, I love you, but I'm fine. Honest. I ran out of Eichen house when I was pretty much on the verge of death and I survived just fine."

"Are you okay?" He demanded with a shake of his head. 

I forced my lips to stop the groan that threatened to slip past my lips. Those were the three words I had been constantly asked ever since the hospital. I knew everyone meant well, they cared for me, they were asking out of love. But the way Chris asked me made something in me split in half. My bottom lip was pulled between my teeth as I contemplated my answer.