[chapter fourteen] 1-800-273-8255

TW: this chapter is DARK.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

I was slowly losing my mind. 

Something was possessing my thoughts, my movements, my mind. Something was corrupting me. And it was driving me fucking crazy. 

"Ree?" Allison whispered shakely. "Are you okay?"

I stared back at her mindlessly, not making any move to answer. From the corner of my eyes, I watched as Lydia slowly made her way out of the bathroom with her phone in hand, her eyes narrowed on me.

"Aires, are you okay? Are you hearing voices?"

I didn't know what I was hearing. 

I forced a smile onto my lips. "I'm perfectly fine." I hummed, lying through my teeth. 

The door bursted open from behind me, grabbing everyone's attention but mine. My eyes remained locked on a spot on the wall. There was a crack on the wooden panel that intrigued me, it had a dark purple rose growing out of it.

Slowly, I made my way over to the flower whilst Stiles, Allison and Lydia burst into a hushed conversation behind me. I wasn't listening to them though, I was too entranced with the flower.

"Aires." Allison snapped, tugging me out of my trance. "Whose clothes are you in?" She asked, a scrunched from on her face.

"Aidens." I bluntly snapped, a blank expression on my face. 

"Wait what?" Lydia shrieked.

"Why are you in Aiden's clothes?" Allison demanded. 

Cocking my head to the side, I narrowed my eyes on her. "I'll leave that for you guys to figure out."

Just as I started to leave the room, Stiles closed the gap between us by wrapping his hand around the top of my arm and jerking me to a stop. 

"Ree." He warned in a low voice, his eyes full of disgust.

"What Stiles." I snapped, loud enough for the girls to hear. "Upset?" I shot back in a sing-song voice.

"Let's not have this conversation here-"

"Oh please, Stiles- what conversation? I have no clue what you're talking about." 

"Did you fuck him?" He hissed whilst rubbing his hand along his tense jaw.

"Do you think I'm the darach?" I shot back.

The silence that lingered between us was enough to answer both of our questions. Suddenly, a tall figure moved into the doorframe with a mixture of terror and confusion on his face.

"Aires?" Aiden whispered whilst rubbing at his head.

Before I could answer, Stiles spun on his heel and launched his fist straight into Aiden's jaw.

"You dick." Stiles spat.

"STILES, NO!" Allison and Lydia shrieked in unison, running towards the boy.

I should have stopped them, however, I was revelling in the chaos. With a small smirk, I slipped out the room and made my way up an old staircase that was compelling me. I slipped onto the roof and closed the door tightly shut behind me. The last thing I needed was for one of my friends to find me.

I had only been at the motel for two hours and had already felt several changes within me. My magic was strong, ridiculously strong, stronger than it ever had been before. That wasn't the only change though. There was a weight in my chest, a heavy glum feeling. It was suffocating me.