[chapter fourty nine] one more day

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Melissa's arms wrapped tightly around my body, quickly pulling me away from the couch as Void shot onto his feet, whilst pulling a string of bandages out of his mouth.

"What the fuck?" I mumbled as I narrowed my eyes on him.

Something wasn't right.

Kill him, a voice in my head taunted. I didn't need to look in a mirror to know that my eyes were glowing a bright violet like they usually did when the thoughts came into my mind. Kill him, it repeated.

I had two days left, I should have went for him whilst I had the chance. 

Sucking in a sudden deep breath, I willed my feet to stay firmly stuck on the ground. No matter how much the voices screamed, or begged me to rip apart the creature in front of me, I couldn't give in.

I had little control, but even that was better than none. I was slowly gaining control back of myself.

He was choking, and a disgusting part of me felt satisfied as I watched him continue to throw up the never ending bandages. The pile was high, practically covering the floor. And yet he still wasn't stopping.

Someone please end it.

My blood burned, making my hands ball into tight fists. The lights above my head lightly flickered as I focused on slowing my breathing. My head screamed at me to end all of this, it screamed for me to kill him.

He would only find a new host though, and we were close

I couldn't kill him yet, even if everything in me screamed to. 

"Sweetheart, calm down." Peter whispered in my ear as he gently pulled me further away from him.

"This is all a game." I mumbled under my breath, my eyes narrowed in anger. "Something's not right."

Suddenly, a hand reached out from the pile and pulled its body out of the floor. It was like nothing I had ever seen before. As my eyes latched onto honey brown eyes, I knew that the boy coming out of the floor wasn't Void or possessed by the nogitsune.

It was Stiles

My Stiles.

"Oh my god."

In a second, I was by his side, pulling him onto the couch.

"Ree?" He choked out.

Tears burned in my eyes as I rapidly nodded my head. "It's me." I choked out. 

But my brief moment of happiness came crashing down as the alarm bells in my head grew louder and louder. I could feel the blood drain from my face, my pulse sped up to a dangerously fast pace.

I just lost another move, he was one step ahead of me. Once again, my love for someone had become a dangerous distraction. One that could have cost me everything.

"NO." I screamed as I shot onto my feet and ran around the room, desperately searching for Void. "NO, NO, NO, NO, NO."

He was gone, and so was Lydia.

"LYDIA!" My throat burned whilst my head rang. "LYDIA!"

It was too late. They were both gone.

And there was nothing I could do.

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...