[chapter twenty five] the downfall of aires hale

TW: Self harm

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

An ear piercing scream ripped through the room as Aires body thrashed about violently under her covers. Her hand wrapped around a glass from her bedside table before she threw it at the wall beside her head, sending shards of glass flying onto her lap. Despite the aching pain in her body from being thrashed around, she still remained unconscious

She wouldn't remember anything when she woke up, the only reminder of her night terrors would be the marks she left on herself.

A month had passed since the day she had stepped through the violet door, a month of nightmares, night terrors, slipping into different realities- and getting high. Not one day had gone past where Aires wasn't high out of her mind. 

It was her only way to cope. Drugs, alcohol, sex and Aiden became her distraction, her escape.

"NO!" She screamed before ripping the covers off her body and frantically kicking them away from her.

She was stuck in the same place, stuck in the same never ending nightmare. 

She had gone into fight mode. Her fingers wrapped around a shard of glass and brought it to her thigh as her body violently threw itself about, it was as if someone was attacking her. Her shaking fingers gripped the shard whilst her and frantically dragged it across her skin. 

"NO! NO! LET ME GO! LET ME GO!"

Tears stained her cheeks as blood dripped from her thighs. Small drops of glass dug into the palms of her hands, sending shooting pains through her body. She could feel the pain, though she didn't know where it was coming from. Aires was still asleep. Only a part of her was conscious, the part that was hurting herself, trying to make her feel pain so that she would wake up.

Trembling, she dropped the shard of glass onto her lap as her body violently threw itself around. Another blood curdling scream ripped from her throat as she clawed at her arms, swinging them about mindlessly as she shuffled until her back hit the wall. She was losing it. Suddenly, the door to her bedroom swung open and Chris and Allison came charging in, panic on their faces.

"OH MY GOD." Allison shrieked as her hand flew to her mouth at the sight of the blood smeared across the girl's body. "DAD SHE'S HURTING HERSELF!"

"SHE'S ASLEEP! SHE'S STUCK IN A NIGHTMARE. ALLISON, CALL AN AMBULANCE, NOW!"

As the Argent ran out the room, phone in hand, Chris grabbed onto the girls wrists whilst he desperately tried to pry them away from her body whilst she thrashed about under his hold. 

"STOP! STOP! PLEASE STOP." She sobbed whilst frantically kicking at the air.

"Aires, it's okay, you're going to be okay sweetheart." 

"NO!" She screamed before ripping her wrists out of the Argents hold and thrashing out of his grip. "YOU'RE GONNA KILL ME!"

"It's okay. You're going to be okay." Chris whispered with teary eyes as he tried to restrain the girl yet again- as he tried to stop her from hurting herself. 

On the days that Aires was actually home and not at Aidens apartments, she had nightmares. Both Chris and Allison were very aware of the girl's bad dreams, though they had no clue just how bad they were. They weren't just dreams, they were night terrors where Aires thought someone was trying to kill her.

Once Aires realised how bad they were becoming, she had soundproofed her room. When her door was closed no sound would be able to travel out of her walls, leaving her to scream to herself in her sleep. If Chris and Allison heard her then that meant she must have left the door slightly open.