[chapter twenty two] bridge the connection between my mind and the lost

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

I had my reasons for agreeing to go with Deucalion, though that didn't mean I was happy about my choice.

"If he calls me Tate one more time I might just snap and kill him." I muttered to Scott with a scowl.

"But isn't that your name?" He asked with a tilt of his head, his lips twisted into a frown as if he had missed something I had said when I was explaining the truth.

"Scotty, I just told you everything I knew. Tate is my birth name but my actual name is Aires. Got it?"

I had tried to catch him up with it all, however, he was still stuck on the fact that I wasn't actually a Hale, wasn't actually Dereks sister. He was confused, and honestly, so was I. 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Aiden suddenly whisper hissed as he grabbed onto my arm.

"Well it's nice to see you too." I shot back with a roll of my eyes. "What, no kiss?"

His chest rapidly rose and fell as he stared at me with narrowed eyes. I knew I wasn't supposed to be there, I wasn't supposed to have taken Deucalion's bait. He planned to turn me into a killer, to turn me into his own weapon. Everyone knew it, even I knew it. And from the rage that swan in his eyes, Aiden definitely knew it. 

"We need to have a talk." He demanded before wrapping his hand around my wrist and forcefully pulling me into a separate room.

"What the hell were you thinking?" He hissed the second we were alone. "You shouldn't be here right now? Why did you say yes? You were supposed to say no, you weren't supposed to get mixed up in all of this!"

"Oh really?" I suddenly snapped before showing at his chest, hard. "What I was just supposed to say no? As if it was so easy?"

"Yes!" He shot back. "You weren't supposed to be involved with this-"

"I've been involved in all of this for weeks." I hissed, eyes wild and rageful. 

We were at a stand still, both staring at each other, both pissed off, both refusing to back down. He didn't want me there, but I was there regardless. I refused to apologise and he refused to understand. 

"No! That's not what I mean."

"Then what the fuck do you mean?"

"YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO GET INVOLVED WITH OUR SIDE. JENNIFER IS AFTER MY PACK AND SHES NOT GONNA STOP UNTIL WE ARE DEAD. YOU AND SCOTT JUST SIGNED YOUR DEATH SENTENCES BY FOLLOWING DEUCALION."

"I DON'T CARE!" I suddenly screamed back whilst a mocking laugh fell from my lips. "I DON'T CARE, AIDEN! SHE WANTS ME DEAD AS WELL. I AM HERE BECAUSE I WANT TO STOP JENNIFER, THIS WAS THE ONLY WAY. SHE TOOK TWO PEOPLE I CONSIDER MY FAMILY, SHE'S KILLING MY SISTER, SHE'S GOING TO TAKE THE MAN WHO IS LIKE MY FATHER! I DON'T CARE IF I DIE!"

"WHY DON'T YOU CARE? DON'T YOU CARE IF YOU DIE?"

"I STOPPED CARING A LONG TIME AGO." I accidentally blurted out, only to want to shove the words back in the second the left my lips. 

A heavy silence lingered in the air as we both just stared at each other, as we both let my words hang in the air. 

"Are you here as an excuse for spiralling?" He suddenly asked, voice low. 

"What?" I hissed whilst narrowing my eyes furiously on the idiot stood in front of me. "What are you-"

"So you can take as many drugs and get as high as you want without your friends having to witness it, so that they don't suspect anything. Because guess what Aires, they already do!"