[chapter nineteen] 4morant

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

There's a moment that comes after you take a shit tone of pills. A moment where everything is out of control in the most freeing way, when your brain doesn't register any responsibility, where there isn't a single heavy thought that goes through your mind. It's like free falling, and it's so fucking addictive. You feel it once, and it makes everything better. 

So every heavy thought that comes along afterwards, every heavy feeling, you're reminded of what to do to get rid of it. 

"Aires." 

Someone was hissing in my ear, shaking me. I could feel their hands on my skin, dragging me, trying to bring me back. But I was floating so high, free falling so fast, I didn't want to let go.

"Aires. Please wake up, we have to go."

"What?" I forced out in a far away whisper. 

I didn't want to leave, I didn't want to stop floating, wasn't ready to stop. 

"Aires." 

My eyes cracked open to see a wide eyed Allison staring down furiously at me, her lips were moving fast as hell but none of the words she was saying were registering in my mind. I wanted to go back, to slip away again. And my eyes were fluttering closed, ready to leave until her hands grabbed onto my face, making them fly back open.

"Let's go." She hissed before bouncing out of the door. 

"Okay."

My body was in my bedroom, but my mind was still free falling in the euphoria the pills blessed me with. I was still gone.

"Aires, we don't have time. Grab your shoes and meet me in the car." Allison snapped from down the hallway. 

"Oh shitting hell." I grumbled whilst pushing my hair out of my face. 

I had left my shoes at Danny's.

I had every intention of researching, of finding out more about the Darach. I was close, so close, I knew I was. But I had to have a break. I needed a release. I had no clue how I got home, or how I got into my bed.

But from the hickeys on my chest, I had an idea of who got me home.

I remembered blue eyes from Dannys- bright blue eyes that haunted me. 

"AIRES!" Alli shrieked, causing a ringing sensation in my head.

Dragging a hoody over my head, I abandoned the idea of shoes and stumbled out of my room. "COMING!" I yelled back whilst hastily rubbing at my forehead and stumbling out of the door. 

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

At some point in the car journey, the Hale had fallen asleep- and there was nothing anyone could do to wake her up. Whilst everyone else chalked it up to sleep deprivation or exhaustion, Allison and Stiles couldn't help but feel as if something else was up with the girl- however, they had other things to worry about. 

"Cops are on their way-"

"Is she okay?" Stiles asked for the hundredth time whilst shooting a glance at the girl. 

"She's probably exhausted." Lydia brushed off with a shrug.  

"Why isn't she wearing shoes?" Stiles demanded. "Did she seriously just come out in a hoody and socks?" 

"I don't know, Stiles." Allison shot back back. "Lydia scared me on the phone, I didn't exactly have time to make sure Aires got dressed-"

"Guys." Scott interrupted. "Cops are on their way. Lydia and stiles have to stay but the rest of us have to leave."