[chapter fourty one] sweet crimson red

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

I had no business being in school, but I couldn't sit in the apartment with Allison and Chris' eyes on me. 

Allison wasn't exactly speaking to me after my breakdown, I had scared her away from me- and I hated that I had done that but was grateful I did. The further away from me she was, the better. Chris thought I was fucking crazy, he thought I was losing my mind. 

I needed away from them all. 

"Where is everyone?" I asked as she pulled off my top to switch it out with my gym wear.

"I don't know." Kira mumbled back with a frown.

I hadn't had a single conversation with the girl since she had somehow joined the pack. I hadn't exactly given her the best first impression, but in my defence, it wasn't entirely my fault. I didn't trust people, I refused to let people in. But with Kira I was going to try, however, the prickling feeling that Kira had something more to do with everything refused to leave. It had been present ever since I met the girl. 

"Somethings not right." I muttered whilst looking around at the empty locker room. 

"Like what?"

"Well several things. I've been in the boys locker room more times than the girls and yet theirs is somehow better." I shot back with a roll of my eyes. 

"You've been in the boys locker room?"

"Yes, anyways, somethings up. Scott and Aiden have all declined my calls. They wouldn't do that, especially not at a time like this."

A silence settled in the room as I wandered off with thoughts of the past few days. The pack had fallen apart, worse than ever before. We were not united, but we were not against each other. We were all just, separated.

"Have you spoken to Allison or Lydia?" Kira whispered.

"Not really, not since Isaac's been in the hospital. We spoke last night but it wasn't really a friendly, heartfelt chat. Lydia's been with Morgan and hasn't been returning any of my texts." 

"Aires, it's not your fault."

Those were the words I had heard the most since the host of the nogitsune was revealed, but no matter how much I was told them, I had yet to believe them. I broke the seal that kept the creature at bay, I let it out into the world. Therefore in my eyes I was responsible.

I was the reason Isaac was in hospital, why there was a trail of bodys that the nogitsune had left. I was the reason why everything in Beacon Hills had gone to hell.

"Hey." Kira softly whispered before suddenly pulling me into a hug and slightly stunning me. "It's not your fault, Aires. You didn't mean to cause any of this-"

"But I did, Kira." I blew out in a lifeless mutter. "I broke it and I- I don't know how to fix it." 

Everything was going wrong.

People were dying.

And I spiralled whilst I desperately searched for a solution.

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

"REMEMBER, STAY ON THE TRACK THAT IS SET OUT FOR YOU! I DON'T NEED ANY OF YOU DUMBASSES GETTING LOST!" Coach screamed as he paced in front of the starting line. "NOW."

The second the whistle was blown, I pushed off the ground and let my legs move as fast as they could. Running was my makeshift escape. I had run out of drugs and switched to old medications I had stashed yet nothing had the effect I craved for.