[chapter fourty four] tag, your it

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

I couldn't scream, I couldn't give Valack the satisfaction of hearing me in pain, even if it was written all over my face.

"You were supposed to open up in group therapy today, Aires." He hissed as he twisted the notch on the voltage, increasing its strength.

Every ounce of electricity surged through my body as the light above my head violently flickered, I couldn't stop it, but it didn't mean much. He still wasn't getting into my head. He couldn't.

Just keep smiling, Aires. Just keep smiling.

Don't ever let him see you weak.

I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs until my voice gave out, until my throat burned and my lungs ached. I refused the tears that threatened to pool in my eyes, willing them away as I clenched my fists by my sides.

I had been in the same position many years ago, there was no difference to the fate I was suffering at sixteen to the one at eight. I was never getting out of there, I accepted that fate.

The thought of escaping had crossed my mind many times before, however I was never in the position to be able to do it. Not when I had a straight jacket permanently wrapped on my body.

"Just let me in." He taunted, twisting the notch notch the next level.

What I was enduring was nothing to the pain I had suffered previously.

Valack didn't break me, Eichen didn't break me, my family's death didn't.

I was still fighting, everyday.

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

The Hale stirred around in her sleep, a frown deeply embedded into her features as she tossed and turned, stuck in another nightmare. One again, her body was bruised and battered, and once again, she fell asleep with the fear of bleeding out

"Is she always like this?" Stiles whispered as he sat beside Malia, closely watching the girl.

"She doesn't stop shaking, ever."

"Why?" He questioned.

He wasn't supposed to be in their room, Malia wasn't supposed to be back in her old room. However, nobody had stopped her from slipping in. Though if Aires knew about the boy who sat only a few feet away from her, she never would have closed her eyes. 

"She's always cold."

"Like you?"

"No, different. Why do you care?" Malia spat whilst crossing her arms over her chest.

She had become extremely protective over the girl, ready to fight her battles at any moment. Letting a stranger into her room whilst Aires slept was pushing her limit, especially when she didn't trust Stiles.

"Will you try to relax?" Stiles hissed through narrowed eyes.

"I don't like you, so no."

Ever since the two had agreed to work together to get to the basement, they had been non stop bickering, and not in the way he and Aires bickered. They could barely stand to be in the same room as each other.

Their arrangement changed when Stiles found out about Aires

He couldn't continue without her, couldn't continue his plan without her. He didn't need her help, but he wanted her by his side. Even though she couldn't look at him, even though he was drowning in guilt at what Void did to her.