[chapter fifty one] my tears ricochet

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

For the first time in my life, the voices in my head had gone silent.

Everything hurt. My head. My chest. My heart.

A part of me had died inside whilst my soul remained shattered.

I never got to tell her I loved her. I would never sing with her again, dance with her, laugh with her. My other half was gone, and along with her what was left of my heart has been destroyed.

I was barely alive, barely breathing, barely functioning. Tears burned into my cheeks as my mind drifted away, to a place where Allison was still alive, to a place where I kept my word.

Don't worry, I'll see you in a minute. What a stupid thing to say.

Out of everything I could've said, should've said, it was those words that had to have been my last to her. It was a sick joke from the universe, it was laughing in my face.

In a matter of minutes, I had lost everything.

"Aires, Aires sweetheart. I need you to look at me." Chris's voice tore through me, making me slowly fade back to reality, the one where Allison wasn't alive anymore.

No. No. No. No. No.

"Aires."

Let me fade away. Let me float back into my mind. Let me sit in the silence.

"Aires."

Suddenly, I let out an ear piercing scream whilst I dropped onto my knees. My sobs filled the room, earning me a lot of sympathetic gazes from the other officers, but I didn't care.

She was gone.

Allison, my Allison, was dead.

"It should have been me." I choked out in an ugly sob. "I was supposed to die, not her. It should have been me."

I couldn't save her.

And so I sobbed and screamed until my lungs were raw.

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

I wasn't sure who was carrying me, only that their tears continued to fall onto me. I couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't breathe.

"Please put me down." I croaked out, wincing at the bruning in the back of my throat.

"Aires-"

"She's gone. She's gone, Chris. Allison. She's dead. She's never coming back." I choked out angrily. 

Quickly, he wrapped his arms around me, drawing me into his chest. He was cold, just like Allison's body was when I desperately tried to shake her awake. Everything felt cold.

"It's okay, sweetheart.'' Chris whispered in my ear whilst he soothingly smoothed down my hair.

But it was no use, I was still shaking. I was sure I would never stop, just like I would never find warmth again.

I slipped out of his arms and mindlessly wandered down the hallway, towards the bedroom I once called my own. It was no longer home to me. My home was gone, she was dead. Everything about my room felt wrong, it all felt out of place.

"NO!" I screamed whilst charging over to my desk.

None of it was mine, Aires isn't alive anymore, she died the second Allison did.