[chapter fifty two] the beauty of the stars

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

It had been five days since Aires had won, since Void was killed.

But it had also been five days since Allison and Aiden's death. December twentieth marked the day they died.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Chris whispered as he sank onto the girl's bed, gently brushing her hair out of her face.

"Merry Christmas." She whispered, though her voice held no emotion. 

"Merry Christmas."

Aires was still clean, an achievement that once seemed impossible to her. After Allison's and Aiden's death, everyone panicked that she would spiral, in some ways they expected it. However, once again Aires had proved everyone wrong.

"Come down into the living room when you're ready, sweetheart." Chris whispered before placing a kiss on her forehead and leaving her room.

With a small sigh, Aires forced herself out of bed and stumbled into her bathroom. It remained untouched from the last time it was destroyed, just like how her bedroom remained a mess. Silent tears slid down her cheeks as she went through the motions of making herself presentable.

It was Christmas day and also the day that they had decided to host Allison's funeral, after all, Christmas was always the Argents favourite holiday.

"Just breathe, Aires." The girl shakely whispered to herself as she frantically swiped at her tears. "For Alli."

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

The hollow feeling in my chest grew as I slowly walked into the dull living room. Everything had lost its colour, its warmth, its life.

Everything felt wrong since that night.

I had no clue what I was wearing, nothing about my appearance probably made sense to anyone. But with Allisons jacket clinging to my body, I felt somewhat safe.

"Merry Christmas." Someone whispered, I didn't know who though.

My eyes were locked on the Christmas tree that sat in the dim corner, the tree that me and Allison had decorated together. The large present that I had brought for her sat underneath the tree, standing out with its ridiculously large red bow.

"It was a new bow and arrow set, one straight out of The Hunger Games." I whispered.

"What?"

"Her present. It- I- It was a bow."

Silence settled in the air, consuming the room and leaving me to choke inside my own head.

As if sensing something was wrong, Chris appeared at my side, slowly guiding me towards the sofa. He was so strong, how was he so strong?

Why was everyone else okay and I wasn't?

"Here." Chris whispered before dropping a neatly wrapped present onto my lap.

I didn't need to read the tag to know who it was from, Allison's choice of Marvel wrapping paper said it all. A small smile pulled onto my lips as I gently tore at the paper, revealing a box of books. All of my favourite books.

She had read them all and annotated them, leaving her own notes scribbled in them.

A mixture of a laugh and a sob fell from my lips as I read over the note that sat on the top.

'To the Natasha to my Clint,

Merry Christmas Ree! I'm using all my lucky wishes to hope for a Black Widow movie for you!